- Submitted: Jul 24 2010 04:30 PM
- Last Updated: Feb 14 2013 07:08 PM
- Views: 25289
- Downloads: 1,405
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: Wineskin 1.2 WS4 WineCXG9.1.0
- ATI / AMD: RED (severe bugs / unplayable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREY (not tested)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Sorry, Links Dead Metro 2033 1.2
In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earthÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.
The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside.
You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised Underground. Having never ventured beyond your Metro Station-City limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat. Your journey takes you from the forgotten catacombs beneath the subway to the desolate wastelands above, where your actions will determine the fate of mankind.
Great game with an absolutely amazing story line and graphics.. even on low it looks fantastic!
Please note: Due to this being an extremely graphically demanding game, you need a high end computer to run this nicely on windows. So if you don't have a recent Mac, don't expect great speeds through Wine, and even if you play it on windows.
Minimum System Requirements:
* Dual core CPU (any Core 2 Duo or better will do)
* DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 compliant graphics cards (GeForce 8800, GeForce GT220 and above)
* 1GB RAM
Runs near flawlessly for me on the preset low (and even high) settings and with vsync ON (that disables 3D processes which in turn gives an fps boost)
- Minor graphical flickering in menus and the loading screen
- Loading screen won't act like normal, but instead stays on the first frame. Voice over works fine though. (if it looks like Metro 2033 is frozen, it's not, just wait for it to load)
Razor1911 Release with the SKIDROW update is Recommended If Using a Cracked Version.
(unzip the archive with 7zX)
Install Metro 2033 into the wrapper, crack and update it, Double Click and Play!
- Game runs best after a fresh restart, although this isn't needed but recommended for best experience.
[Optional] - A tip. For slight better performance in game, change the in game resolution to something else, and then change it back to what it was (1280x800 by default) the game will run more smooth then. Especially on the main menu!
[Optional] - This is my config file that gives me great fps and also great graphics. The changed controls are shift = duck and cmd/option = sprint.
open the Metro 2033.app (secondary click > show package contents) and navigate to "drive_c/users/Wineskin/Local Settings/Application Data/4A Games/Metro 2033/"
open the user.cfg file with TextEdit and replace everything in there with the code below (r_gi 1 might also help)
(If you're going to put this on other sites, please give the proper credits. Just leave this section in. Thank-you)
BoomBoxCreations and DankoB for helping me a lot with the port
And me (playn)
What's New in Version 1.2 (See full changelog)
- - Support for Metro 2033 Update 2 which includes the new DLC maps.
- - Started work on getting Benchmark to work. Will be done when DotNET Framework 3.5 is supported in WINE.
63 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
24 members, 38 guests, 1 anonymous users
tonystoneman, dubedube11, Super38woots, sox, Nint3nd0gamer, ZealousPrism588, J0ggernaut, RainbowHammer, PortYourLife, EagleScreech, Fauxma, king_david9495, elofturtle, HRN22, tuvok, Naevras, Jabberwocky, SeequeL, ChrisShUK, jbadams20, Willydbone, SuddenyImpact, snowylocks, fero