- Submitted: Nov 09 2011 05:46 PM
- Last Updated: Aug 04 2012 04:45 PM
- Views: 180803
- Downloads: 14,576
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: WS8Wine1.4
- ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: RED (severe bugs / unplayable)
- Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 [UPDATED]
So this is my very own port of Modern Warfare 3, i planned on uploading the wrapper yesterday but unfortunately i did not have the time to do so. I Spent a few hours getting to work at its full potential, at first i experienced issues such as the game crashing when trying to change resolutions and there was NO audio at all during gameplay. I fixed both issues. The audio was fixed by adding a few keys into the Direct 3D audio section of the user.reg file. The resolutions where fixed by using a mixture of 'game cracks' (which you should download in your own discretion) allowing it to function properly and also now allows the Spec ops to work too!
I know someone else posted a wrapper before me, this is my very own wrapper and i could see that the other wrapper doesnt have working audio, this one seems to work pretty well.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 begins exactly where Modern Warfare 2 left off. Although Task Force 141 have neutralised rogue General John Shepard, Makarov is still on the loose. Can 'Soap' MacTavish save the day?
Modern Warfare 3 is built for online multiplayer carnage, so join the fight online in fan favourite modes such as Search and Destroy or Team Deathmatch with the new Strike Packages. Rounding out Modern Warfare 3's explosive multiplayer package is the co-operative Spec-Ops mode, allowing you and a friend to team up for new co-op missions or take on waves of enemies in the all new Survival mode!
Wineskin 8, Engine 1.3.25
Changing resolution/Fullscreen/Windowed mode:
The game will start up in windowed mode of a resolution of 1152x720. To enter 'Windowed mode', press keys ALT + CMD + A. OR - Right click the wrapper, navigate to wineskin.app, set screen options and change the virtual desktop to the resolution you wish. If you want the game to always start up in fullscreen, select the fullscreen option OR 'automatic' option in the set screen options window. If trying to change the resolution crashes for you when in fullscreen/automatic mode, i would recommend changing the resolution while in windowed mode then hitting alt + cmd + A to enter fullscreen.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard / Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard / Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
- RAM: 2048 MB
- Video: GeForce 8600GT / AMD 4xxx Series Video Card or higher.
- 256mb Minimum VRAM.
- about 16 GB Hard Drive Space required
- Multiplayer Has not yet been tested.
- For steam users, extra steps need to be taken (mentioned in the installation section).
For those who get the Shader Mode 3.0 error, do the following"
- to fix the vertex shader model 3.0 problem, get my wrapper and:
- show package contents
- go into wineskin.app
- click on advanced then tools
- open winetricks
- go down the the 'settings' section
- run GLSL=Enabled
if that still doesnt fix it for you, try GLSL=Disabled (but enabled should work).
the reason you get this error is because you have an AMD graphics card. GLSL=Disabled boosts performance but only works on nvidia graphics cards.
- To Install the game via wineskin.app
- For steam users:
Gameplay on my mac! (this is just a test video, improvements may be made in the future):
nVidia GeForce 9400m
10.6.8 snow leopard
Intel core 2 duo 2.26GHz
Game recorded on full resolution (for me)
High textures, others are low textures. (any FPS drops are likely to be because of my crappy macbook's graphics card.)
Thanks for reading this post, Enjoy the game! :"":
What's New in Version [UPDATED] (See full changelog)
- _-__Fixed since first test__-_
- - Spec Ops, now working
- - Resolution crashes (game is set to run in windowed mode)
- - Textures fixed
- - Sound Issue fixed ( by Adding a missing .dll and changing some lines in the user.reg)
22 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
1 members, 19 guests, 1 anonymous users