Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Porter

Port Information

  • Submitted: Apr 11 2012 06:55 PM
  • Last Updated: Oct 31 2014 06:10 AM
  • Views: 35177
  • Downloads: 1872

Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility

  • Wrapper Type: Wineskin
  • Wine Version: Wine 1.5.13AMDSpeedHack
  • ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
  • NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
  • Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
  • Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)

Wrapper Type Info

Note:
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!

Wineskin:   10.610.710.810.9
Cider:          10.610.710.810.9
CXZ/CXEx:  10.610.710.810.9

What is WINE & what is a Wrapper?

Video Card Info

 GREY          = not tested
 GREEN        = fully playable
 YELLOW     = playable with minor glitches
 ORANGE     = playable with some effort
 RED             = severe glitches / unplayable

Download Wrapper Legend of Grimrock / Legend of Grimrock 2 1.3

* * * * - 11 Votes Please vote for the Quality of this Port / Wrapper, not for the Game or Application!




Screenshots
Confirmed to work with Legend Of Grimrock 2 (with some issues - known issues)

Legend of Grimrock is a first-person dungeon exploration game with grid-based mazes and freelook while standing in a given square. Players control a party of four adventurers chosen from a pool of pre-generated characters or created from scratch, presumably trying to get an array of abilities. It has a very similar style to older dungeon crawling games such as the Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Master or Ishar franchise.

Combat is realtime but unfolds at a stately pace. Players click on a combat option corresponding to one of your party members, which gray out for a cooldown period until they're ready to attack again. Spells as of this writing must be dialed in every time they are cast, using rune configurations you find in scrolls. Characters equip arms and armor through a paper-doll interface.

Puzzle solving and exploration utilize the freelook option, which allows you to alter perspective to look at the floor or ceiling, sometimes revealing items or secrets.

The Game now has a native version (steam, humble bundle, gog will get possibly later).

Personal Notes
For those who are younger: This is dungeon crawler game, you may have never encountered a genre like this as last of them was Dungeon Master 2 (1995), i think :)
Game run flawlesly on full settings on Radeon 6750M and is playable on Intel HD 3000 as well with reduced details.

This game will have native version in next weeks/months.

This port is targeted to players, who wants to play it right now and do not want to wait


Minimum Specs
- OS: 10.6+
- CPU: Intel Based Mac
- RAM: 2GB
- Video: GPU with 256MB Ram (512MB recommended)
- Disk Space: 800MB


Known Issues
Game does not work under AMD/ATI radeon on Snow Leopard. (on macbook's can be workarounded - see FAQ)

* For Legend of Grimrock 2:
If cursor is not visible, please use the fullscreen mode.
After Installation the default program is set to doclauncher.exe, you need to change it to grimrock.exe


Installation
Note: Game is available via GOG, directly via grimrock.net (tested, should be same as GOG) or Steam. Steam version should work, but i havent tryied it yet.
1) Unzip the Port
2) Double click the wrapper > Select Install Windows Software > Select exe file from GOG or Humble Games > and install

FAQ
Q: Where are the savegame files?
A: inside wrapper: drive_c/users/Wineskin/My Documents/Almost Human/Legend of Grimrock

Q: Black screen after the launch and I have ATI/AMD radeon and OS X 10.6.8, what to do?
A: There was a bug in ATI driver which was fixed at 10.7.3, if you have CoreI5/7 CPU, you can use integrated graphics for playing the game. This little program can be used to switch between Integrated and Dedicated GPU (always switch before launching the game).

Q: Audio gets cut off after while
A: Try to disable SSAO (worked for few people).

Q: Should I request help here if I am using my own wrapper, instead the provided Julus's one?
A: NO! Use forums for that. I only provide help for people that are using mine wrapper.

Q: The game says that CPU does not met minimal requirements
A: This issue is affecting only new macbooks released 2012 and later. Version 1.3  fixes  the issue

Trailer

What's New in Version 1.3 (See full changelog)

  • Ivy Bridge compatibility
  • If the 1.2 works for you, you don't have to upgrade.




Well, It works, but all I see in game (after menus) is blackness and blue squares around torches.
It may be my video card, so i'll test it on my bro's Mac Pro.

minuteman104, on 12 April 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

Well, It works, but all I see in game (after menus) is blackness and blue squares around torches.
It may be my video card, so i'll test it on my bro's Mac Pro.

I've encountered same thing, that is why i chosen wine version 1.3.32 - bug is not present there. What is your configuration?
I'm using 1.5.1. I'll try 1.3.32.

I'm using a iMac 2.4ghz Core2 from 2007 with 256 Vram.

YAY!
I tried 1.3.36 and so far so good! :)  
I've been watching this game for almost a year now. Cant wait to get in to it.  Thank you for the wrapper! :)

minuteman104, on 12 April 2012 - 03:40 AM, said:

I'm using 1.5.1. I'll try 1.3.32.

I'm using a iMac 2.4ghz Core2 from 2007 with 256 Vram.

YAY!
I tried 1.3.36 and so far so good! :)  
I've been watching this game for almost a year now. Cant wait to get in to it.  Thank you for the wrapper! :)

damn, why always everyone want to use newer version... newer does not equals better :)

julus, on 12 April 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:


damn, why always everyone want to use newer version... newer does not equals better :)

I was using 1.5.1 because I was getting a crash error. Someone suggested that version, and the error went away, but the lighting bug showed up.

minuteman104, on 12 April 2012 - 04:49 AM, said:

I was using 1.5.1 because I was getting a crash error. Someone suggested that version, and the error went away, but the lighting bug showed up.

To get this straight. You downloaded my version - 1.3.32 and you recieved error, so you tried bump to higher versions, correct? If that so, i will bump the wine version in the wrapper to 1.3.36, so others will not recieve those errors...

Also please state your graphic card..

julus, on 12 April 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

To get this straight. You downloaded my version - 1.3.32 and you recieved error, so you tried bump to higher versions, correct? If that so, i will bump the wine version in the wrapper to 1.3.36, so others will not recieve those errors...

Also please state your graphic card..

Ok, I may have had wine set up wrong in the first place.  I had to download 1.3.32 using Wineskin Winery, and it's working now. So your build should be ok for most people I guess. This is my first time using a Wineskin wrapper, if you think it's right, don't change it because of me. :)

My video card is an "ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB".
works like a charm out of the box. thanks (1.3.32 version)

My specs:

27'' iMac mid 2011, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacOS 10.7.3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M/1024MB
I'm running on a 2009 Macbook with an NVIDIA 9400M.  I've installed into the wrapper from the GOG version, it launches fine, but  takes a minute + to load to the menu and then it runs extremely slowly and lags up my whole computer.  Is my hardware too underspec, or is something going wrong here?  I wasn't under the impression that it was a really intensive game.

rykirk, on 12 April 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

I'm running on a 2009 Macbook with an NVIDIA 9400M.  I've installed into the wrapper from the GOG version, it launches fine, but  takes a minute + to load to the menu and then it runs extremely slowly and lags up my whole computer.  Is my hardware too underspec, or is something going wrong here?  I wasn't under the impression that it was a really intensive game.

9400M is really old card.. And it does not have own memory but uses System memory instead (slow). Sorry, but you'll be unable to play the game on 9400M.

EDIT: Maybe more Ram will help (i presume you have 2GB (-256MB for GPU), and what are you describing is swapping process) but still, it is not guaranteed.
I'm using this Wrapper with the Gog.com Version on my MBP Late 2011 with the 6750 512MB Version. Works like a charm with everything on high.
With higher versions of the wrapper I run into the same error with the black screen and blue boxes - so just use the wrapper as it is and enjoy the game.
Thanks julus for your great work!

julus, on 12 April 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

9400M is really old card.. And it does not have own memory but uses System memory instead (slow). Sorry, but you'll be unable to play the game on 9400M.

EDIT: Maybe more Ram will help (i presume you have 2GB (-256MB for GPU), and what are you describing is swapping process) but still, it is not guaranteed.


Yea that's what I figured, thanks.


Update:
For anyone with my hardware, don't give up. It will work. I turned off music, cranked everything to low, and set it to the lower resolution option.  The load time at start up is still brutal (it must preload all the textures or something?) but the gameplay runs reasonably well.  Mouse look gets a bit of lag, but the wasdqe movement and attacks and stuff all run smooth. So definitely give it a go.
Does not work for me :(

I have the GOG version and running a Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 6 GB Memory, ATI Radeon HD 4870.

I get a window open, I see the loading Cog, then the Almost Human Logo, then just a black screen and title music.

That's it :(
For those of you who see a black & blue window, it's an easy fix: Just wait for the game to load to the main menu, then go to Options and select Fullscreen (it's set as Windowed by default)
Having the exact same issue as cris.

Using the DL link from the Humble Bundle site.
Old iMac SL 10.6.8, 3GB, ATI Radeon HD 2600 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo



11 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users