- Submitted: Apr 18 2012 08:59 PM
- Last Updated: Apr 19 2012 11:55 PM
- Views: 27842
- Downloads: 3,846
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: Wineskin 2.5, WS8 1.5.1
- ATI / AMD: RED (severe bugs / unplayable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: RED (severe bugs / unplayable)
- Intel HD: RED (severe bugs / unplayable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Sorry, Links Dead Dead Island 1.0
The game is set in the fictional island of Banoi, located off the coast of Papua New Guinea. The main characters wake up in the Palms Resort hotel to find the island attacked by zombies and mysteriously, they are immune to whatever is making people into zombies. As they try to find and help other survivors, they must also find a way to escape the island as well.
THIS WAS ORIGINALLY DAN'S PORT! I AM SIMPLY UPDATING IT WITH THE NEWEST VERSION OF WINESKIN (1.5.1) AND RE-UPPING IT SINCE HE IS M.I.A. AND THE LINK IS DOWN. I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS.
Also, Time Machine FTW.
Here were his notes:
DOWNLOAD BOTH FILES AND USE THE UNARCHIVER TO EXTRACT THEM, OTHERWISE YOUR WRAPPER WILL BE MESSED UP.
DO NOT COME TO ME FOR HELP IF YOU DIDN'T DOWNLOAD BOTH FILES.
DON'T DO WHAT 11 PEOPLE DID (at time of writing)
Minimum System Specs:
- OS: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard / Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard / Mac OSX 10.7 Lion
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
- RAM: 1GB (at least 2GB and above)
- Video: nVidia 8xxx Series or AMD 3xxx or 4xxx Series Video Card recommended
- Apple's X11 must be installed
- about 8 GB Hard Drive Space required
Game might freeze when talking to the 'Life Guard' in the red shirt after saving him from the zombies in the first mission. To skip this freeze issue, Keep pressing SPACE and the A button until it says you have accepted his mission.
IT DOESN'T WORK ON AMD/ATI OR THE INTEL CARDS. AT ALL.
Sorry for there being so much text, many people didnt understand how to use / install into these wrappers previously so i thought i'd give some detailed info on how to do it.
FOR CRACKED GAME COPY USERS:
HOW TO INSTALL RELOADED UPDATES:
FOR RETAIL DISC/DOWNLOAD OWNERS:
What's New in Version 1.0 (See full changelog)
- ***FIRST VERSION***
- This was Dan's port. Apparently he was trying to get it to work for AMD/ATI but he never got it fixed before his Mac died/broke/exploded/whatever