- Submitted: Apr 26 2012 06:49 PM
- Last Updated: Apr 11 2013 01:10 PM
- Views: 7824
- Downloads: 729
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: WS9 Wine1.5.2
- ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper The Walking Dead 2.0
If this port works well for you, please give it a rating!
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use Z7X to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
Kirkman has said that, unlike typical zombie games such as Left 4 Dead, it will focus more on characterization and emotion than action.
The game will feature cross-genre of both adventure and action, in which, like in the previous Telltale titles, the player must make use of inventory items and environment, however, unlike in them, the played characters will have limited time to do so and could die in the process. The game is told from the point of view of a new character named Lee Everett, who will be the only controllable character in the game. Lee will however be able to interact with the other survivors and his actions will influence the plot in particular ways (like, for example, at some point Lee will have to choose whom to save from the dead, and therefore by letting the other individual perish, some of the game plot will change, while other remains unchanged).
In addition, some characters from the original comic book series have been confirmed to make cameo appearances in-game. They will be Glenn and Hershel. Players will be able to meet them before the plot in the comic book begins to take place
- Ported with wineskin WS9 Wine 1.5.27
- The game runs great on max settings
- Supports ALL EPISODES!
- NO Bugs/Glitches/Lag in comparison to the Native version of this game!
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
- Video: 2GB MSI GTX 670 OC Edition
- Disk Space: 12GB
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and open wineskin.app.
- Click on advanced, tools, winetricks, click the 'apps' tab and select 'Steam'. THEN click run! (if this fails, download steam.msi from store.steampowered.com and install it through wineskin)
- Let steam install.
- Once its installed, go into wineskin.app within the wrapper, next to the steam launcher, and click on advanced.
- Change the 'Windows EXE' line to: /Program Files/Steam/steam.exe and then exit wineskin.app.
- Finally, run the wrapper, steam will launch, sign in to your steam account and download The Walking Dead. Once its downloaded, click play!
For 'non steam users':
Please note that I do not (in any way) promote piracy and that I highly recommend you PURCHASE the games that you want to play!
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and launch wineskin.app, then select install new software.
- Locate the setup.exe file (that is within the .ISO you probably downloaded, if you download a .ISO file, double click it to mount it!) and install the PC files by going through the setup.
- -- Don't bother installing directx and vcrun if it asks you too. --
- Then, go back into the contents of the wrapper, go to: drive_c ----> Program Files ----> The Walking Dead (make sure your The Walking Dead folder is named EXACTLY this) then drag/paste in the appropriate NoCD crack that works with the version of The Walking Dead you have downloaded.
- (your The Walking Dead folder MAY be inside another folder such as 'Telltale games'
FOR STEAM USERS WHO GET NO TEXT STEAM BUG:
heres a quick video i made on what to do: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pBQZna3OBoM
- install steam via steam.msi (which you download from store.steampowered.com
- Go into advanced in wineskin and click browse. Find steam.exe inside the /Program Files/Steam/
- Run it to see if you get the no text bug
- Go into wineskin again, advanced, tools, Config Utility, add application, find steam.exe
- Go into the Libraries tab and type *dwrite and press enter
- Click the edit button and select 'disabled' and then click Apply and Ok.
- Launch the wrapper and the no text bug should be fixed.
If it still doesnt work then you have applied the NoCD crack wrong (or havent at all) OR your folders are incorrectly named.
If so then :
- go into wineskin.app within the wrapper and click on advanced.
- Click 'Browse', go into program files and search for your The Walking Dead folder and then select 'WalkingDead101.exe' (which should basically be inside the walking dead folder) and then exit wineskin.app.
What's New in Version 2.0 (See full changelog)
- - New 1.5.27 engine with Mac Driver, better performance!
- - Manual fullscreen/windowed toggle by pressing CMD + Enter