- Submitted: May 15 2012 11:36 PM
- Last Updated: Jul 12 2012 12:07 PM
- Views: 3138
- Downloads: 386
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: WS(CluthzCXLionAMD)
- ATI / AMD: GREY (not tested)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREY (not tested)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper F.E.A.R. 3 1.0
Commandeering a helicopter, the Point Man and Fettel return to Fairport to regroup with F.E.A.R. operative Jin Sun-Kwon. During their return, the civilian population that survived were either driven insane by the paranormal activity or were executed by Armacham personnel. Fighting their way through, the brothers successfully meet up with Jin. Jin plays back recorded video footage of Michael Becket, who revealed his rape by Alma and is slated by Armacham for transport.
Using an automated transport, the Point Man and Fettel assault the local airport to intercept Becket, killing the remnants of the Armacham personnel. In order to gain more intel from Becket, Fettel possesses him and reveals Becket's past life to the Point Man while Becket realizes the Point Man's identity. Fettel's release of Becket proves fatal, causing an explosion. The Point Man and Fettel head to an old training facility used by Harlan Wade years ago to study and develop the prototypes, where the two start to destroy items associated with memories of their childhood past to inflict damage on the lingering echo of Harlan Wade known as "The Creeper." Shortly after destroying a monstrous apparition of Wade, one of two endings are possible, depending on multiple factors. For single-player, a good and evil ending occurs depending on whether the player has controlled the Point Man or Fettel. Alternatively, if played during co-op, the player with the higher score determines the ending. The good ending will show Point Man overpowering Fettel and vice-versa, with the ending depending on whether Point Man or Fettel had survived their final struggle.
- The game runs fine on my mac at full resolution, shadows and VSYNC off. I do not run the game with any other apps open as the game itself requires some RAM.
- Wrapper engine thanks to Cluthz. Reason for use: Fixes an annoying mouse issue by setting a mwo=force_edge override. The engine also contains a ATI fix so the game itself should work on ATI.
Any ATI/AMD and Intel 3000 users: Could you please post in the comments section below if the port works so i can rate the performance on each type of graphics card.
My System Specs:
- OS: Mac OSX 10.7.3 Lion
- CPU: Core 2 Duo 2,26GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- Video: nVidia GeForce 9400m 256mb
- Disk Space: 5GB
- Game will probably start up in windowed mode. If so, go into the games video settings, set it to full screen and select the resolution/settings you want.
- Game screen will go black after attempting to change screen resolution. If this happens and your screen DOES go black after changing resolution, simply press ESC (Escape button) and RETURN (Enter button) and then quit the game. You can quit by ether pressing CMD + Q or right clicking the app and selecting 'quit'. When you open the game again, your graphics settings will be applied.
- If you have the steam version, use the steam.app inside the wrapper and login to your account then download the game. once its downloaded, quit steam, go into wineskin.app, advanced and change the exe line to /Program Files/Steam/steam.exe (this will make steam startup next time you run the wrapper).
- If you do not have the steam version, install the game and make sure the game folder is named 'f.e.a.r. 3' and is placed in the 'program files' folder and not any other folder.
- If the game does not start up for some of you and you get a wine error of some sort or even a black screen, go into wineskin.app , set screen options and click 'override' and select 'virtual desktop'. Exit out then run the game. When the game starts, set the game to your native resolution then try 'auto' screen settings in wineskin.app.
66 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
19 members, 44 guests, 1 anonymous users
hanney18, Google, godofwar98, bash20, DarknessZXX, Demigodess, DanIsTheMan, Benderunit22, Shikuka, totalprogger, IronRok, Jad El-Hage, ivanWinz, WolfHowling, Heegrimm, Derpmaster789, palkia136, ivan007, anorexicpanda, Maxi