- Submitted: Dec 05 2012 04:16 PM
- Last Updated: May 04 2013 01:33 PM
- Views: 146939
- Downloads: 12,015
- Approved by: thanoulas
- Approved on: 09 April 2013 - 01:18 PM
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: Wineskin 2.5.10 Wine 1.5.27
- ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper Dota 2 1.7.2
Dota 2 is an Action RTS game, developed by Valve Corporation. The title was formally announced on October 13, 2010; and is set to release in 2012 by Valve, through both retail and Steam, for Windows and OS X. It is the successor to the very popular Warcraft 3 mod, Defense of the Ancients, which was based on Aeon of Strife map for StarCraft. It will be released as a Free to Play game.
Dota 2 is a combination of RTS including perspective and a heavy requirement of tactics and team co-ordination and RPG including itemization and leveling up. The main objective in Dota 2 is to destroy the enemy Ancient Structureinside their stronghold, these strongholds are protected by multiple towers down 3 lanes. The player controls a Hero which fights for them and gains strength by leveling up by getting experience, which is given when creeps and heroes die, and by itemization by buying items with gold. Gold is gained passively over time, killing creeps, killing enemy heroes and buildings. You can prevent the enemy gaining as much gold and experience by denying creeps and buildings.
This port had been my greatest success. I have worked on it for months now, and i'm proud to be the porter. Gameplay is smooth for me, with slight graphical glitches (non that are game breaking). Please visit my website at vindictivestudios.webs.com for the latest downloads in the future.
Increment this: http://portingteam.c...le/7630-dota-2/
I'm using this.
All this versions, except bootcamp, does not support my graphic card.
But, Idk why, this port its running smoothly. =)
109HeadHunter, on 11 December 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:
EDIT: It works! Thanks
My System Specs:
- OS: Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)
- CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
- RAM: 4GB
- Video: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
- Disk Space: 5.54 GB
IF YOU ARE AN ATI/AMD GPU USER, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF MOUNTAIN LION INSTALLED!! YOU WILL EXPERIENCE ISSUES WITHOUT THE NEWEST VERSION OF MOUNTAIN LION!! THE PORT IS RATED GREEN FOR ATI/AMD ONLY WITH THE NEWEST MOUNTAIN LION!!
- *Most likely NOT playable on high setting for Shadows and Textures.
- *Some users have experienced microphone issues.
- Steam Overlay does not work.
- *You may experience slight graphical glitches like invisible water (the river in the middle).
- Portraits do not appear correctly.
* means the issue is dependent on the version of the wrapper you're using or the fact that it is a known issue for some only.
Please note that the fixes may not work for you, and i recommend you try all the fixes even though its not meant for your problem (Users experiencing cursor problems had fixed their problems with they keyboard fix).
Missing Executable Error:
vlysergin, on 08 December 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:
exznomak, on 27 December 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:
If you encounter lag, or "Failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer", try these( v1.2 should fix this error):
Go to launch options and put -dxlevel 80 for 8.0 or -dxlevel 81 for 8.1
If that does not work, try the other fixes below.
AMD Gradient Issue fix:
In steam, right click Dota 2
Select and click on Properties
Click Set Launch Option
and paste this in:
-novid -nod3d9ex -windowed -w 1280
1. Launch Dota
2. Go to Graphics Options
3. Change Display mode from Fullscreen to windowed (if you didn't change your launch options by adding -windowed).
4. Pull the Dota window to the side and click on your Steam window
5. Click on your Dota window again
6. Change display mode to fullscreen again
7. If it shows OSX elements on the top and bottom of your screen you have to:
7a. leave the options
7b. enter the video options again and apply fullscreen again in a different resolution (you can also try hitting cmd+alt+a but at this point it might result in the game freezing. After your got your fullscreen mode to work properly - with the graphics options only - you can use the cmd+alt+a combination at any time)
and yes - you have to do this everytime you start the game.
Please make sure you are a Beta tester for the game and you actually OWN IT YOURSELF on Steam.
1. Launch the wrapper
2. Steam might update so just let it.
3. Steam's login window will appear, simply log-in with YOUR account details.
4. Simply install Dota from Steam after logging in. Go to your Library, make sure you are in your Games Library and find for Dota 2, click on it, and press the install button.
5. Let it install.
6. Rate this port 5 stars (The port will not work unless you do this, jk).
I would like to thank everybody that helped with bugs and problems!!
Also, thank you for voting and supporting because this port is now the Highest Rated port on the PortingTeam.com!!
What's New in Version 1.7.2 (See full changelog)
- Fixed graphical glitches