- Submitted: Apr 23 2013 06:29 PM
- Last Updated: Dec 30 2013 09:29 PM
- Views: 48650
- Downloads: 3345
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: 1.7.9 With NoSync Patch
- ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper Dead Island Riptide [UPDATED 2014]
Please check that your macbook passes the minimum PC requirements for running this game before downloading!
If this port works well, please leave a rating!
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use 7zX to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
Game seems to start fine, menu is fine, yet the performance in-game is low and i've been encountering a lot of wine crashes (but no graphical glitches).
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
- Video: 2GB MSI GTX 670 OC Edition
- Disk Space: 8GB
- Game instantly closes after changing certain graphic settings, when you launch it again your desired settings will be applied.
- In-game performance is low/laggy (even on my GTX 670 which is a gaming GPU), same performance issues with the original dead island in wine. (Performance may increase with tweaked game config files)
- I encounter wine crashes quite often when playing this game (on the first level), making it basically unplayable to a certain extent. Perhaps these crashes are caused by memory leaks.
Wine crash fix:
If you experience crash issues, go to "Option" "Internet", and turn from "cooperative" to "Single Player", no more crashes then.
Set Game Language:
If you need to change the Language you will need to edit the file located in:
open DI\Data\game.ini 8 lines from the end find this string Locale(â€œEnâ€) change value â€œEnâ€ to â€œDeâ€ for german, or what ever you want.
Thanks Lisapower for these solutions!
- -Right click the wrapper, show package contents and open wineskin.app.
- Click on advanced, tools, winetricks, click the 'apps' tab and select 'Steam'. THEN click run!
- Let steam install.
- Once its installed, go into wineskin.app within the wrapper, next to the steam launcher, and click on advanced.
- Change the 'Windows EXE' line to: /Program Files/Steam/steam.exe and then exit wineskin.app.
- Finally, run the wrapper, steam will launch, sign in to your steam account and download dead island riptide. Once its downloaded, click play!
For 'non steam users':
Please note that I do not (in any way) promote piracy and that I highly recommend you PURCHASE the games that you want to play!
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and launch wineskin.app, then select install new software.
- Locate the setup.exe file (that is within the .iso you probably downloaded, if you download an ISO, double click it to mount it!) and install the PC files by going through the setup.
- -- Don't bother installing directx and vcrun if it asks you too. --
- Then, go back into the contents of the wrapper, go to: drive_c ----> Program Files ----> Dead Island riptide and paste a NoCD crack into the dead island riptide folder. It should ask you to replace some files. When it does, click 'ok'.
13 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users