- Submitted: May 05 2013 02:03 PM
- Last Updated: May 20 2013 11:20 PM
- Views: 45645
- Downloads: 4,133
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: Wineskin 2.5.10 Wine 1.5.29
- ATI / AMD: GREY (not tested)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper Tomb Raider 2013 1.0
After the release of Tomb Raider: Underworld in 2008, Crystal Dynamics began development of Tomb Raider soon after. Rather than a sequel, the team decided to completely reboot the series, establishing the origins of Lara Croft for the second time, following Tomb Raider: Legend. Tomb Raider is set on Yamatai, an island in which Lara Croft must save her friends and escape, while being hunted down by a malevolent cult. Gameplay elements focus more on survival, although exploration is used within the game when exploring the island and various optional tombs. It is also the first game in the series to have multiplayer and the first game to be published by Square Enix, after the latter's acquisition of Eidos Interactive in 2009. Camilla Luddington was announced to voice and perform as Lara Croft in 2010, replacing Keeley Hawes.
After a delayed release from late 2012 to March 2013, the game received much anticipation and hype. Tomb Raider received much acclaim from critics, who praised the graphics, the gameplay, Camilla Luddington's performance as Lara and Lara's characterization and development with many critics agreeing that the game is a solid and much needed reboot of the franchise. Much criticism went to the addition of the multiplayer which many felt was unnecessary.Tomb Raider went on to sell one million copies in forty-eight hours of its release, and has sold 3.4 million copies worldwide so far.
Game works fine for me, playable FPS on my Intel HD 3000. Steam is pre-installed too. What's different than the other port on the Nexus? This port features a custom made engine thanks to DanIsTheMan who compiled it that fixes some issues with the other port. Please make sure you have the newest version of Tomb Raider too. Also, if you plan on using a black box version or a crack, i do not support piracy but... I've tested the wrapper with Nosteam's Tomb Raider and it works fine.
Please also note that changing graphic settings in-game can really affect the text, badly. Screenshots are taken by me in-game on my mac.
SNOW LEOPARD USERS
The Mac Driver used in the wrapper may not work for you, simply follow these steps:
1. Option (alt) + Double click the wrapper.
2. Click on Screen Options.
3. Uncheck "Use Mac Driver instead of X11.
Please download and use the Flickering FIXED version if the normal version does NOT work or has flickering issues. Also note that performance is lower with the Flickering FIXED version.
My System Specs:
- OS: Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)
- CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
- RAM: 4GB
- Video: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
- Disk Space: 11.49 GB
- Missing textures (None that has been game breaking)
- Missing text (Has less missing text than the other port)
If you are experiencing a lot of problems, it is probably your Tomb Raider. Updating Tomb Raider fixes most problems.
For those people with non-legit copies,
Gdaemon31, on 19 May 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:
To install copy the data from the update folder and replace replace the game files, then do the same with the crack.
1. Double click the wrapper
2. Log-in to Steam
3. Install Tomb Raider from your Games Library
1. Option (alt) + Double click the wrapper
2. Wineskin will launch, select Install Software.
3. Click on Choose Setup Executable, and select the setup file.
4. Go through the Tomb Raider installation as per normal.
5. Close everything, Option (alt) + Double click the wrapper again after that.
6. Now choose Advanced instead.
7. Set the Windows EXE to the game executable which should be TombRaider.exe
Special thanks to DanIsTheMan for the engine!
Also check out Bonjour2X's port: http://portingteam.c...mb-raider-2013/
What's New in Version 1.0 (See full changelog)
- Initial Release
11 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
1 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users
Alexa, Google, Lorickel