- Submitted: Aug 13 2013 01:14 PM
- Last Updated: Dec 30 2013 09:15 PM
- Views: 104548
- Downloads: 10,004
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: 1.7.9 With NoSync Patch
- ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper PAYDAY 2 [UPDATED 2014]
Please check that your Macbook/iMac/Mac Mini/Mac Pro passes the minimum PC requirements for running this game before downloading.
THIS IS NOT THE FULL GAME, IT IS ONLY A WINESKIN WRAPPER. If you wish to play PAYDAY 2, I firmly suggest you BUY it from the Steam Store. If you are unable to do so then save some money for it or obtain it another way at your own risk.
If this port works well, please leave a rating!
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use 7zX to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
- IF YOU ARE AN AMD USER THAT USES OSX Lion 10.7.5: You will probably (most likely) experience severe lag. Please try and upgrade to 10.8.3 since wine does not function well with AMD GPUs and 10.7.5..
PAYDAY 2 is a game by Overkill Software, and the sequel to PAYDAY: The Heist. It was released on August 13, 2013, for the PC and the PlayStation 3; and by August 16 on the Xbox 360 as a physical release only. It is available for pre-purchase on Steam and on the PlayStation Network. The beta was made available to owners of the Career Criminal Edition on July 24, 2013, and to owners of the original PAYDAY on August 8. The game was announced in February 2013, when very little information was shared, other than that Overkill Software would work on the sequel and 505 Games would publish it. In March, Overkill began showing previews of the game to major gaming publications.
- Game runs smootly on maximum settings. VSYNC enabled causes some frame drops when turning fast.
- Please read the known issues, there are some important notes.
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
- Video: 2GB MSI GTX 670 OC Edition
- SSD: Samsung 840 120GB
Known Issues (***IMPORTANT***) :
- Issue 1: If you attempt to run the game but you get a very brief black screen and the wrapper then shuts down, chances are that the game is trying to start on an unsupported resolution (e.g. 1920 x 1058).
- Solution: TO FIX THIS, Simply right click the wrapper, show package contents, open Wineskin, click Set Screen Options and UNCHECK "Use Mac Driver instead of X11". Then simply run the wrapper again, set your game resolution to your NATIVE resolution (e.g. 1920 x 1080), exit and save your graphics settings.
IF THE WRAPPER DOES NOT RUN:
try this:First off, run the wrapper, if it closes then its ok.
Right click the wrapper, show package contents, go into the folders: drive_c. > user > wineskin > local settings > application data > payday 2
DELETE The PAYDAY 2 folder and it will hopefully work !
Lastly, go back into wineskin and CHECK "Use Mac Driver instead of X11". Please note that if you are on 10.6, you may wish to play with X11 instead of Mac Driver.
- Issue 2: If the game seems to crash at the loading screen when trying to load either a mission or go to the safe house, there is a simple fix.
- Solution: TO FIX THIS, Simply right click the wrapper, show package contents, open Wineskin, click Set Screen Options and MAKE SURE "Auto detect GPU Info for Direct3D" is UNCHECKED! (it may all ready be unchecked).
Also, try lowering/disabling some Advanced graphics settings such as Lowering Anisotropic Filtering from 16X down to 8X or 4X. Also try disabling 'Depth of Field' in advanced graphics settings.
Maverick32, on 23 August 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:
drive_c > users > (username) > Local setting > Application Data > PADAY 2 > and replace a file called renderer_settings.xml
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and Steam Setup
- Let steam install.
- Once its installed, go into wineskin.app within the wrapper, next to the steam setup launcher, and click on advanced.
- Change the 'Windows EXE' line to: /Program Files/Steam/steam.exe and then exit wineskin.app.
- Finally, run the wrapper, steam will launch, sign in to your steam account and download PAYDAY 2. Once its downloaded, right click the wrapper, select 'Show Package contents' and navigate to: Drive_c/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/payday 2/_CommonRedist/ and DELETE the DirectX folder! You DO NOT want DirectX to install when you first run payday 2 in steam! If it does, performance may decrease a little.
- Lastly, simply find payday 2 in your steam library and run it!
Now, whenever you launch the wrapper, it will sign into steam and allow you to launch your game via your 'Steam Game Library'.
For 'non steam users':
Please note that I do not (in any way) promote piracy and that I highly recommend you PURCHASE the games that you want to play!
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and launch wineskin.app, then select install new software.
- Locate the setup.exe file (that is within the .ISO you probably downloaded, if you download a .ISO file, double click it to mount it!) and install the PC files by going through the setup.
- -- Don't bother installing directx and vcrun if it asks you too. --
- Then, go back into the contents of the wrapper, go to: drive_c ----> Program Files ----> PAYDAY 2 (make sure your PAYDAY 2 folder is named EXACTLY this) then drag/paste in the appropriate NoCD crack that works with the version of the game you have downloaded.
The last step is to launch the wrapper!
Please post some feedback on how this runs on your graphics card! Information on all cards would be great!
13 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
1 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users
Yahoo, Google, santxep