- Submitted: Mar 28 2014 01:54 PM
- Last Updated: Apr 25 2014 11:40 PM
- Views: 73590
- Downloads: 7,111
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: 1.7.17
- ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
- NVIDIA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download WIP Port DayZ Standalone 1.1
Before instantly deciding to purchase DayZ standalone simply to run through this wrapper, please read carefully and consider all the information below. This game is STILL IN ALPHA, resulting it in currently being poorly optimised even on the PC Platform. This wrapper is intended for those who all ready own DayZ Standalone and who wish to test it. I will upload this port to the PortDB Work In Progress section once I have received some feedback on at least one or two other systems.
So far, this game has not yet been tested on NVIDIA graphics cards, ONLY on Intel Iris on OSX 10.9.
AMD Has been tested and is confirmed to work with this wrapper with minor graphical glitches.
THIS IS NOT THE FULL GAME, IT IS ONLY A WINESKIN WRAPPER. If you wish to play DayZ Standalone, I firmly suggest you BUY it from the Steam Store (http://store.steampo...com/app/221100/)
If this port works well, please leave a rating!
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use 7zX to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
- IF YOU ARE AN AMD USER THAT USES OSX Lion 10.7.5: You will probably (most likely) experience severe lag. Please try and upgrade to 10.8.3 since wine does not function well with AMD GPUs and 10.7.5..
- This game is still work in progress and has numerous graphical and performance related issue
- Please read the message at the top of this page before considering using this port.
- I REALLY would appreciate feedback on this wrapper, to improve it over time...
- I also highly recommend you follow the DayZ standalone FPS guide available at: http://dayzintel.com...rformance-guide
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mavericks 10.9.2
- CPU: Intel Core i5 Dual Core
- RAM: 8GB 1600MHz
- Video: Intel Iris 1024MB Integrated Graphics
- SSD: 256GB
Main bugs/issues encountered so far (remember this game is in early access):
Alternative Solutions/Fixes you could try:
Alternative Wineskin Settings
If any of you decide to use this wrapper, I would highly appreciate feedback and/or tips on issues you encounter.
Feedback I require is:
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and run 'steam installer', go through the install window...
- Let steam install.
- Run the wrapper, steam will launch, sign in to your steam account and download DayZ Standalone.
- Right click DayZ in your steam library, click properties and then select 'Set launch options...'
- paste in -cpuCount=2 -nosplash -noPause -maxMem=8192
- change the CPU count to the amount of CPU cores your system has...
- change the maxMem to the amount of RAM your system has... (2gb = 2048, 4gb = 4096, 8gb = 8192 etc..)
- click ok/apply
- Run DayZ and once at the main menu, go into the graphics/video settings and make sure Anti-Alliasing is set to LOW and NOT OFF.
Now, whenever you launch the wrapper, it will sign into steam and allow you to launch your game via your 'Steam Game Library'.
If the game crashes and zombies are near, due to the battle-logging penalty of 30 seconds, your character may die from being attacked by zombies... or shot/killed by another player within those 30 seconds. If you value your character, play on experimental mode with a fresh character.
In this video you can see the low FPS on Iris graphics regardless of settings selected.You can also see the buggy textures, caused by specific graphics settings, As well as how joining servers/battleeye doesn't seem to be an issue with this wrapper.
What's New in Version 1.1 (See full changelog)
- - FIXED AUDO
- - Slight performance increase
- - Less graphical corruption
11 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users