Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Porter

Port Information

  • Submitted: Nov 04 2017 03:53 PM
  • Last Updated: Apr 17 2018 07:06 PM
  • Views: 10903
  • Downloads: 1,599

Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility

  • Wrapper Type: Wineskin
  • Wine Version: WS9WineStaging64bit-3.6
  • ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
  • NVIDIA: GREY (not tested)
  • Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
  • Intel HD: GREY (not tested)

Wrapper Type Info

Note:
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!

Wineskin:   10.610.710.810.9
Cider:          10.610.710.810.9
CXZ/CXEx:  10.610.710.810.9

What is WINE & what is a Wrapper?

Video Card Info

 GREY          = not tested
 GREEN        = fully playable
 YELLOW     = playable with minor glitches
 ORANGE     = playable with some effort
 RED             = severe glitches / unplayable

Download Wrapper Halo 2 Project Cartographer wrpr_v1.1

* * * * * 2 Votes Please vote for the Quality of this Port / Wrapper, not for the Game or Application!




Screenshots
After the events of Halo: Combat Evolved, Master Chief and Cortana return to Earth in an attempt to stop the onslaught of the Covenant, a terrifying and aggressive alien civilization, bent on destroying the human race.
Developed by Bungie, Halo 2 sees the player not only resuming the role of the Master Chief, humanity’s best defense against the unyielding Covenant forces, but also assuming the identity of the Covenant Elite known as the Arbiter. Players wield dual weapons, employ previously undiscovered Covenant armaments, and pilot new vehicles as they battle intelligent enemy AI and all-new alien opponents in exotic environments.
The Halo 2 Vista servers went down just over two years ago, but with the support of the Halo community Project Cartographer is now available and has recently been updated. The multiplayer has been tested and it does work but requires an account to be created by clicking on the following link.
https://www.cartographer.online/
More information concerning the Halo 2 Online project can be found in the TeamBeyond forums:
http://teambeyond.ne...t-cartographer/

Personal Notes
This game is fully functional, although a thorough run through of the campaign has not been tested.

Minimum System Requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.8
- CPU: Intel Core Duo
- RAM:  512 MB
- Video: 64MB vRAM, (128 vRAM Highly Recommended for R3)
- about  4GB Hard Drive Space required

Tested On:
MacBook Pro 8,2
Intel Core i7 16GB RAM
ATI RadeonHD 6750 512MB VRAM

Known Issues:
Aside from the buggy launcher, no issues have been observed.

None

Installation Instructions:
Download the Project Cartographer full game installer here:
http://www.h2v.online/install/
Extract the contents of the .zip file
Mount the H2PC_dnkwrpr.dmg by double clicking it.
Drag and drop the Halo 2 Project Cartographer wrapper to your preferred gaming folder
Double click on the app to launch Wineskin and choose Install Program
Choose the h2pc_setup_1.6.exe from the extracted h2pc archive
Follow the prompts to install Halo 2 Project Cartographer.
Wrappers install location is currently set to drive_c/Program Files (x86)
Allow all pre-requisites be installed by the h2pc installer.  
After installation completes, Launch the game and log into your account.
Change the video settings to your desired configuration
Then choose the Project Cartographer option from the Halo 2 main menu.
Click on Update. This will close h2pc and launch the Wine command prompt
Allow the game to completely update and hit any key to close the updater when finished.
Relaunch, frag and enjoy!

Spoiler

What's New in Version wrpr_v1.1 (See full changelog)

  • wrpr_v1.1 OBSOLETE
  • wrpr_v1.2 - No longer has dot net installed as the Project Cartographer team got rid of their launcher altogether.




Well someone has made my day!
And has also read up on his wine tests.
Tanks Man.
Can't you just use the option "kill all wine processes" instead of a reboot to get rid of wineoader?
The wineskin app within the wrapper won't open as the app appears to be damaged
have you disabled Gatekeeper?

https://www.tekrevue...r-macos-sierra/
I found a fix for any (in fact all of your ports) not working. This is because my security settings have been set to default (no apps from unidentified developers). I cannot change this due to, um, my stance in the family. I would usually run apps by right-clicking and selecting 'open"  to bypass, but this seems to cause most of the wineskin ports I download to not even run.

Now I can just make a wineskin with wineskin winery and replace all the folders inside the app with the contents of your wrapper. Works perfectly now.

BTW the launcher seems to work well with no issues with mouse. Weirdly, the launcher will work only if the apps I'm running in the background (ex. Chrome) have been closed but not quited so you see the application preferences at the top bar.

EDIT~ To get the launcher to working properly without it turning into a black screen requires all applications open to not be hidden (ex. not pressing cmd+h to hide a window)

SHACKSHAKER, on 05 November 2017 - 06:05 AM, said:

Can't you just use the option "kill all wine processes" instead of a reboot to get rid of wineoader?

Kill all  Wine Processes will kill the processes that Wineskin is aware of. There may be others running in the background that are created while Winetricks is running, or if a game requires a second executable to be run, Wineskin may not be aware of those instances. A good habit is to always have Activity Monitor.app set in the corner of your screen while trying to work out problems why something won't run. This is especially true while using the 64 bit engines. The ones that seem to be created are called [i]wine_preloader[/] and one time, while trying to get Warframe to work, I ended up with about 300 wine_preloader processes on my system because Warframe kept creating a new wine process every time it tried to establish a connection with the servers. I miss playing that game. I may have to give it another shot.
Yeah, your right. I just simply do a "killall wine_preloader" now though through terminal
ahhh....why didn't I think of that! Great tip!
Hey, whenever I start the wrapper I get a split second of the startup screen as it should be, and then it's just a black screen. I started my computer in safe mode and the startup screen worked fine, but it won't work in the normal mode. It might be a problem with wine itself, but I'm not fluent in winetricks or the Config Utility so I'm stuck.

torchedlightly, on 03 December 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

Hey, whenever I start the wrapper I get a split second of the startup screen as it should be, and then it's just a black screen. I started my computer in safe mode and the startup screen worked fine, but it won't work in the normal mode. It might be a problem with wine itself, but I'm not fluent in winetricks or the Config Utility so I'm stuck.
The launcher is quite buggy. You will have to open the launcher a few times for it to work. Dunno how it works exactely for me but check some of my posts at the top for a really stupid fix.

SHACKSHAKER, on 03 December 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

The launcher is quite buggy. You will have to open the launcher a few times for it to work. Dunno how it works exactely for me but check some of my posts at the top for a really stupid fix.

Yeah, I already opened it a couple of times and tried your aforementioned fix. I might mess around with it again in the future, but my computer is already screwed up because of the newest mac update, so I have plenty to keep me busy, thanks any way tho.
this is the port info...the last section of the description for the port...

The launcher actually works fine but there's a feature of dotnet4.5 that is not yet supported by Wine...

Port Info
The launcher is a little bit buggy but does work correctly. The features it utilizes in Windows are not completely supported through Wine. When the launcher initializes (which takes about 30 to 40 seconds) Go to Settings as you will need to change the port number. Wine already has the default port of 1000 already in use so it will not load the game. After clicking on Settings you’ll notice nothing seems to happen. If you click anywhere on the launchers blue surface and drag it a bit. After releasing the cursor the settings pane will appear. Use this technique to change the default port number from 1000 to 2000. Make any other changes deemed necessary and then click on Log In. After successfully logging in click on Play and the game will launch.
Works with Nvidia 620 2 gig in old Mac Pro running El Cap, 4 core xenon 2.66, 12 gigs ram. I'm getting a used Nvidia 680 soon and will report back.

swampy, on 18 December 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

Works with Nvidia 620 2 gig in old Mac Pro running El Cap, 4 core xenon 2.66, 12 gigs ram. I'm getting a used Nvidia 680 soon and will report back.

Lol.

It worked (fairly) well enough on my ATI Radeon 2400 XT 128MB and Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz and Maxed out DDR2 RAM of 6 Gigs running Mavericks.

Gonna report back when I convince the One Above me to get the ATI Radeon 2600 XT 256 MB and Intel Core Duo Extreme 2.8 GHz...

dankoB, on 06 December 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

this is the port info...the last section of the description for the port...

The launcher actually works fine but there's a feature of dotnet4.5 that is not yet supported by Wine...

Port Info
The launcher is a little bit buggy but does work correctly. The features it utilizes in Windows are not completely supported through Wine. When the launcher initializes (which takes about 30 to 40 seconds) Go to Settings as you will need to change the port number. Wine already has the default port of 1000 already in use so it will not load the game. After clicking on Settings you’ll notice nothing seems to happen. If you click anywhere on the launchers blue surface and drag it a bit. After releasing the cursor the settings pane will appear. Use this technique to change the default port number from 1000 to 2000. Make any other changes deemed necessary and then click on Log In. After successfully logging in click on Play and the game will launch.

This is not the problem I and torchedlightly went through. The launcher would just be black after initializes. If it works (no black window) then it seems to work perfectly. Just put in the port number and go...



12 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users