- Submitted: Aug 14 2009 05:23 PM
- Last Updated: Jan 17 2012 07:06 PM
- Views: 5171
- Downloads: 271
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Cider / CiderX
- Wine Version: Cider Wrapper
- ATI / AMD: GREY (not tested)
- NVIDIA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel GMA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel HD: GREY (not tested)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Sorry, Links Dead Homeworld 2
*Made possible thanks to dafootballer's Cider 2583 wrapper*
*This is an updated Cider wrapper that is smaller and a little faster than the previous CrossOver 8 wrapper*
Tested system configuration:
Mac OS version: Leopard 10.5.8
Processor: 2.0 gHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 2.0 GB
Video RAM: ATI Radeon X1600 128 MB
Hard-disk Space: ~1.0 GB
Official/original minimum system requirements:
OS version: Windows XP/2000/98/ME
Processor: Intel Pentium III 833MHz or AMD Athlon 833MHz
RAM: 256 MB
Video: 32 MB OpenGL supported hardware, GeForce or better (with Transform and Lighting), ATI Radeon 7500 or better (with Transform and Lighting)
This title supports the ability to toggle between fullscreen and windowed modes. Use the following keys combinations to enable this feature:
Command + Return: Toggles the game between windowed and fullscreen modes.
Command + Tab: Minimizes the game when in fullscreen mode.
- Install Homeworld 2 on (1) a physical PC running Micro$oft Windows (2) a virtual machine running Windows, or (3) via CrossOver Games or Pro.
- Apply a no-cd patch to the game (I am not sure if the game can detect your CD through the wrapper). The patch should be one that replaces the original homeworld2.exe file.
-Rename the patched .exe file to: homeworld2nocd.exe
- Copy this entire patched Homeworld 2 folder, including the Sierra folder that contains it, into C:\Program Files\ in the wrapper.
- The full path to Homeworld 2 in the wrapper should now be: C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\bin\release\homeworld2nocd.exe
- Double click on the wrapper and the game should start. Please post away if you encounter any problems.
Removing Homeworld 2:
- Ensure you are logged in using an account which has Administrative privileges.
- Delete the icon for "Homeworld 2" from your Applications folder or where you installed the game.
- To fully remove the application from your system, additional files can be found in /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/Preferences/HW2Cider Preferences. Please note that this folder also contains your saved games.
1. Whether Internet multiplay will work depends on whether your copy of Homeworld 2 has a legitimate serial number. LAN and Internet IP games not tested.
2. Be careful when switching resolutions in-game, please do not select one that is larger than your screen.
3. This game has not been tested on Macs with GMA 950 or other Intel graphics chips. I heard the old CX wrapper works, though. UPDATE: GMA 950 works.
4. You might get an error message saying you have obsolete video card drivers, I haven't had any problems ignoring this message.
66 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
21 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users
peopeo99, Djshiftx, juanjovaldes, Google, Oeth1234, Not an impersonator :D, joelbernalserra1995, blackknight, tob1as, lemonOFdoom, eieio, mziglar0703, caaarl, Chewiie, Croissants, DonSilvarro, Nibbana, KiLiaan_27, nicolaas, jasowasaberauch, Billymays2099, Diggfinger