• Create Account

Update on Wineskin / Cider in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 waves

waves

Tired, and starting to outlive my usefullness.

• Super Moderators
  • 1,596 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDA
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

Just a quick update, on the status of Wineskin and Cider Ports, in Yosemite.

I have tested Wineskin and Cider to some degree, and can confirm that they are working still, as of Developer preview 1 and 2.

Currently it is possible to run the same Wineskin Wrapper in 10.5 all the way up to 10.10 if you use an older engine. Doh123 has dropped support for 10.5 however.

I am uncertain as to what doh's plans are for 10.6 support, when 10.10 release comes out perhaps doh can comment to that extent.

Dosbox and SCUMMVM ports are also working. However on newer Macintosh's Dosbox will crash if switching to fullscreen. The bug seems to be in the display settings in the dosbox.conf file from what I can tell. You must ensure your Macintosh's screen res supports what is put in there.

Older Macintosh's seems to have no issue and work when switching between full screen.

On another note a few forums have been cleaned up to some extent - and the link's to the Wineskin homepage have been fixed.

* Keep in mind just because things are working in the developer's preview does not mean they will work when the official release happens.  - See CXE forums around July 2011 - with the release of the golden master for Lion.

Cheers.
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

#2 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4,279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:51 AM

Right now I know of no benefit of dropping 10.6 support.  There were issues with 10.5 which really helped in dropping support... same reason XQuartz also dropped 10.5 and is 10.6+

I have no plans of dropping 10.6 until some major reason comes up, or I have no choice.

#3 waves

waves

Tired, and starting to outlive my usefullness.

• Super Moderators
  • 1,596 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDA
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

Update.

Still working on Developers Preview 3.
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users