#1 TECH198

TECH198

Novice Member

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris 6100 1536MB
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:28 PM

Although this is am old game, its still very playable..

However, one thing i  am still trying to work on is rendering on the Mac under Wineskin (using version 2.6.2 | Engine  1.9.15) (Yosemite 10.10.5)

rendering of textures looks plan and awful (light blue and not very detailed) regardless of video setting used "high" in Descent 3..

Using OpenGL is really the only best way, since I've found d3d9 (Direct X run-time libraries), even from Winetricks, results in a "render error" and never gets to the menu, or flicking effects in the video/other issues with graphics, when starting the game

However, Descent 3 works totally flawless under VMWare Fusion... No issues what-so-ever even when using Direct X. Presumably, because Fusion is using a SVGA emulated driver which supports Direct X (Microsoft only)

So, with i I guessing I'm probably out of luck on the Mac yes ?

I have tried all sorts of Wineskin engines even 1.1.5, and didn't help at

Also tried adding

-launched -nointro -himem -nocompress -usesmoothing -z32bit -bumped -opengl -hividmem -subpixelcorrect

to command line switches "Misc" tab at the start, and also selecting OpenGL and leaving the others on the "Video" tab section (unchecked) but didn't help either... No-autodetection, Nor did the VideoMemorySize work.

Any other suggestions ? Or does this seem like I'll have to just play this in Fusion for now... At least i got all my other games done ok.

#2 TECH198

TECH198

Novice Member

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris 6100 1536MB
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:48 AM

fixed.. Resolution must be 640x480.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users