Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

MacOS Sierra


  • Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 kerbs

kerbs

    Experienced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Graphics Card:intel iris =(
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:11 AM

View Postovvldc, on 12 September 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

You could try with different engines and different Screen Options. Especially setting Mac driver or (default) X11 tends to make a difference. This could especially be the case here as Wine said no window could be created and that usually means I should set the Mac driver (no idea what the problem with X11 is on recent engines, but I don't usually get it to work anymore).

This part:
err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow The explorer process failed to start."
that was what it said when i tried to run the winetrick. does that mean the winetrick didn't run? I've tried many engines and screen options to no avail. maybe it just isn't possible.. =(

#62 kerbs

kerbs

    Experienced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Graphics Card:intel iris =(
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:32 AM

ok i think im giving up on the metal slug complete but any help getting this wrapper to work now would be appreciated.

http://portingteam.c...le/8334-daphne/

i thought i followed the insistall directions but can't figure out how to make it work. i have my own copies of the games but do i need a certain version? i cant find the mpeg folders in the game so i made one in the port and put subfolders for each game and put the game files in there. also if im not mistaken, they have included framefiles and i just have to rename one of them?

#63 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1,072 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD5000
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

View Postkerbs, on 13 September 2017 - 04:11 AM, said:

that was what it said when i tried to run the winetrick. does that mean the winetrick didn't run?

Yes. Which means that whatever you relied on for Wintricks to install, didn't.

#64 NRG

NRG

    Champion Member

  • Members
  • 594 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

View Postkerbs, on 13 September 2017 - 04:32 AM, said:

ok i think im giving up on the metal slug complete but any help getting this wrapper to work now would be appreciated.

http://portingteam.c...le/8334-daphne/

i thought i followed the insistall directions but can't figure out how to make it work. i have my own copies of the games but do i need a certain version? i cant find the mpeg folders in the game so i made one in the port and put subfolders for each game and put the game files in there. also if im not mistaken, they have included framefiles and i just have to rename one of them?

Kebs this isn't your personal helpdesk thread... :rolleyes:

please stop to use this thread for your personal use only... thank...

This is what you need to know to adapt old ports to make it available for latest  macOS:

http://portingteam.c...tall-mac-os-r56

Search into the forum... there are tutorials and many other infos before asking each necessity you need...

and if you need help with the singles ports there is proper  section of the forum:

http://portingteam.c...elp-game-ports/

please read also the pinned threads before writing...

#65 kerbs

kerbs

    Experienced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Graphics Card:intel iris =(
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:48 PM

View PostNRG, on 13 September 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Kebs this isn't your personal helpdesk thread... :rolleyes:

please stop to use this thread for your personal use only... thank...

This is what you need to know to adapt old ports to make it available for latest  macOS:

http://portingteam.c...tall-mac-os-r56

Search into the forum... there are tutorials and many other infos before asking each necessity you need...

and if you need help with the singles ports there is proper  section of the forum:

http://portingteam.c...elp-game-ports/

please read also the pinned threads before writing...

ok thank you for your efforts. i will refrain from using this thread any further unless reporting how different wrappers/engines work for me in sierra. thank you all for the attention. happy porting!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users