#1 TECH198

TECH198

Novice Member

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris 6100 1536MB
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:33 PM

Got this to work on Mac using 1.4 engine... Open Wincfg and  set as "Windows 95" or "Windows 98" before installing game.

And i got round the install process... Must be from CD/ or image, so in my case, i had it in bin/cue format. so i alway got the error "Please insert correct CD"

After install went though, got a few errors, but ignoring these all is ok...  Set virtual desktop to 800x600 (sometimes full screen also works), and game does start fine, despite the "Program error" at startup, (just ignore and click ok) only think some tracks work and some don't go past the "loading screen" of the car image.

Apart from this everything else works perfect...  The 1MB issue install from Wintricks "video memory size=1024" MB
solves this. but the original error still remains.

I did find a few tricks in wineHQ u need to run a few things as root but have not tried this yet, and probably will do noting with tracks not loading.

Any solution?

#2 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

View PostTECH198, on 11 October 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

Got this to work on Mac using 1.4 engine... Open Wincfg and  set as "Windows 95" or "Windows 98" before installing game.

And i got round the install process... Must be from CD/ or image, so in my case, i had it in bin/cue format. so i alway got the error "Please insert correct CD"

After install went though, got a few errors, but ignoring these all is ok...  Set virtual desktop to 800x600 (sometimes full screen also works), and game does start fine, despite the "Program error" at startup, (just ignore and click ok) only think some tracks work and some don't go past the "loading screen" of the car image.

Apart from this everything else works perfect...  The 1MB issue install from Wintricks "video memory size=1024" MB
solves this. but the original error still remains.

I did find a few tricks in wineHQ u need to run a few things as root but have not tried this yet, and probably will do noting with tracks not loading.

Any solution?
"
If you have an Iris graphics car, into  the Set Screen options pannel, unselect the flag from "Auto detect gpu info for Direct3D" and be sure videomemorysize=1024 mb is also active through winetricks...

Another thing... why are you using a very old version of wineskin's engine to make a port in 2016?!?

today, there are more recents engines  (WS9Wine1.8.x / WS9WineCX 15.3.1 / Staging 1.9.2x ) that have many less issues or bugs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users