#1 Bluddy

Bluddy

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:02 AM

I've been getting this weird bug where sometimes/often, after quitting, the Wineskin doesn't leave the Dock. It's running at some weird level - I can't find it with `ps aux` - but it stays on the Dock and I can't get rid of it. Right clicking and choosing 'force quit' does nothing, and the right-click menu says 'Application Not Responding'. I also don't get any further by using 'killall -KILL Dock'. Additionally, I can't reboot the system normally -- I have to either use 'sudo shudown -r now' or hold the power button for 10 seconds.

Anyone have any idea?

#2 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

hi, did you try what the wineskin's manual suggest?

Kill Wineskin Processes - This button is to quickly kill Wineskin related processes that may be running. When testing programs, you can sometimes get stuck processes, so this will let you easily kill some if they are.  Be warned though, this will kill any Wine based program running, no matter if its using Wineskin or not (this includes Cider ported games and Crossover, since they all run a "wineserver" process).

after that try to open Activity Monitor and search if there are processes that start with a c:\ path and kill them through the activity monitor

then restart wineskin/advanced/tool and try again to push and confirm the killall wineskin process button for 2-3 times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users