• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 soloMacOSX

soloMacOSX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVidia9400M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

Hi, I want to install some games which use the Open GL V3.3 technology but conventional wineskin engines from doh123 doesn't support this version of Open GL, only Open GL 2.0 games.

Looking for staging engines I found this comment about World of Warcraft in the winehq database saying that is posible tu run this game in Open GL mode V3.3, here is the comment:

---------------------------------------------------------------

OpenGL again working with Intel Mesa by Marek Toman on Tuesday August 11th 2015, 23:06  Big thanks to Chris Rankin for comment #5 here

bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=91600#c5
I can finally again run opengl mode on Intel integrated card without error #132.

add this to startup script:

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT
export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE

And now WoW is running successfully in OpenGL mode. It appears that WoW *requires* OpenGL 3.3 over 3.0."

Here is the link of the comment.

Searching a little bit more I found that staging engines support this kind of technology due to they are using MESA drivers, and also I found that it has support for OSX for intel graphics card. This is the description of the announcement of the release of the 1.7.47 engine:

Release 1.7.47

Wine Staging Team - Sun, 12 Jul 2015

In the past two weeks we worked on multi-threaded VCOMP support, added better GPU detection when using the MESA driver and improved our Mac OS X builds.
The main feature of this new release is the improved vcomp.dll support. The Visual C++ compiler uses this dll to create and manage threads when using OpenMP. Unlike the name might suggest, the internal details of the Microsoft implementation are undocumented. Before this release Wine Staging already contained the single-threaded fallback implementation by Dan Kegel, which was replaced with a new implementation including proper multi-threading support. For many applications that depend on OpenMP support through vcomp.dll it is no longer necessary to install native libraries. Various additional functions are planned to be implemented until the next release.

Here is the link of the announcement.

So with this information, I got  the conclusion that it's possible to run Open GL V3.3 Games with wineskin. So, I want to know if someone from the Porting Team has compiled a Wineskin engine with MESA drivers to try OpenGL V3.3 Games? I think that it would be very useful to look at this topic because there are many modern games that uses Open GL V3.3 and aren't supported by wineskin because there are no compiled engines with this drivers or patches.

I hope for soon answer. Thanks for your support.
More tutorials in english about Wineskin on soloMacOSX Youtube

#2 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD5000
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:24 AM

The Mesa drivers are not in the engine, they are in XQuartz. And that hasn't been updated in a while, but you can run update your system XQuartz and switch to that in the wrapper app under Advanced -> Options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users