Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:59 PM
DeSmuME (also known formally as YopYop DS) is a open source emulator for the Nintendo DS created by YopYop156 licensed under the GPL. The original DeSmuME is written in C++ for Linux, Mac OS and Windows. It can play Nintendo DS homebrew and commercial roms. Later versions are multiplatform and contain multiple user interfaces. Its name is derived from emu which is short for emulator, DS and me. It's possibly supposed to mean "DS emulator for me".
It has also been ported to other systems such as the PlayStation Portable. It was called pointless due to the PSP not having a touchscreen, and running slow, but some praised it saying its running Nintendo DS software on a PSP.
DeSmuME has a native mac Port; it's a slick Emulator but with limited compatibility.
Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:44 AM
Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:09 PM
I'd say that the ported zeroDS (NO$GBA) is more compatible than DeSmuME.
Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:57 AM
Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:25 PM
Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:02 PM
This ███ will be left blank in sign of protest █████ internet censorship.
Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:56 PM
Proud Supporter of the Infinity Engine Project
Sub-Moderator of Infinity Engine Section
Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:12 PM
Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:08 PM
Changes since last version
- When detecting an analog input's on state, use the upper/lower third of the range instead of the upper/lower quarter of the range. This helps improve compatibility with certain joysticks.
- Perform an integer length bounds check before calling IOHIDValueGetIntegerValue(), since this function will cause a crash if the returned integer value is very large. This prevents crashing when using certain controllers, such as the PS3 controller.
- When mapping inputs in Input Preferences, require the user to hold the input in its on state for at least 0.1 seconds. In addition, the user must also perform a full on-off state transition with the input. This helps stabilize jittery inputs, and also helps ignore unintentional inputs from devices that constantly throw a large number of signals, such as the PS3 controller's accelerometer.
- When mapping inputs in Input Preferences, remove all previous mappings for the particular control before mapping the input. Since the UI doesn't yet support
- Based on user suggestion, rename menu option "Tools > Show Support Folder in Finder" to "Tools > Show Game Data Folder in Finder".
- Fix potential deadlock upon application exit when running on Mac OS X v10.7.
- Reimplement Objective-C memory management by using the standard patterns for retain/release mechanics. This fixes several real and potential memory leaks.
- Additional miscellaneous code cleanup and fixes.
- Change the app identifier from "com.DeSmuME.DeSmuME" to "org.desmume.DeSmuME".
- Change the app category from Utilities to Entertainment.
update subwcrev.exe to somewhat newer version
just a tiny bit of cleanup
- fix initialize autodetect_method (revert r4101);
- Fix compiling when using Clang v3.1.
This means that os x is fully supported !
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users