ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1,072 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD5000
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:36 PM

You could try an alternative engine repository. They seem to work well: http://portingteam.c...ine-repository/

Other than that, there is no hard need to use a newer engine all the time. Performance rarely changes dramatically over a few weeks so the big reason to try is if you can't get an application or game to work.

#3 MolochMac

MolochMac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationStrasbourg

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

View Postovvldc, on 30 May 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

Other than that, there is no hard need to use a newer engine all the time. Performance rarely changes dramatically over a few weeks so the big reason to try is if you can't get an application or game to work.

Sure thing, but some of my ports are so close… that passing from 2.6 to 2.9 could mean a significant progress…

#4 MolochMac

MolochMac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationStrasbourg

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:39 PM

2.10 and still nothing… >:-(

#5 Flameborn

Flameborn

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris 1536 MB graphics

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

View Postovvldc, on 30 May 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

The latest 2.9 staging, recently 2.10 contain massive improvements for the audio. Applications relying on audio, such as audio games for the blind, have almost no lag now. Not sure when it was improved, but it is definitely there and is worth updating to.

I have tried a custom, 2.10-based engine with the 2.6.2 wrapper from https://www.mediafir.../rd5cxhyux7zx8/, however WineSkin was unable to open it: "The engine wine-staging-x64-2.10 is corrupted or opened incorrectly. If this error continues next time you try, reinstall the selected engine"

#6 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1,072 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD5000
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:50 AM

Yeah, that happens to the 64 bit engines on occasion. Also, did you install the staging libraries?

#7 Flameborn

Flameborn

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

Well, this just shows how new I am to WineSkin on the MAc. No, I installed the Wine Staging engine only. Where would one normally get the staging libraries from?
I've just managed to make the staging 2.9 engine work from here, both x86 and x64 http://portingteam.c...ine-repository/

If you currently feel that there is no need to update the official engines, perhaps you could mention the repository or the custom engines subforum on the WineSkin site. Maybe it' just me, but it took me quite  awhile to get to this forum and to discover that there are prebuilt engines available. Just my two cents.

#8 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:44 AM

If you want to update wineskin winery libraries download this package: http://www.mediafire...sal-05-25-17.7z

and copy his content inside:

~/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/Wrapper/Wineskin-2.6.2.app/Contents/Frameworks

#9 Flameborn

Flameborn

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:55 AM

Thank you very much. I just updated the libsas per your instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users