• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:01 PM

Last Updated -  April 21st/2019
Current version Wineskin-2.9.0.2

DISCLAIMER WINE ON MACOS DOES NOT SUPPORT DIRECTX10/DIRECTX11/DIRECTX12!
I CAN NOT SUPPORT WHAT WINE DOES NOT SUPPORT!!!!!!!

List of modifications in the Wineskin App (WineskinApp)

• The Auto-detect GPU feature should never cause malfunction in the port;
  • The Auto-detect GPU feature should have a much bigger accuracy and detect the memory size of integrated video cards as well;
  • The Retina Mode can be enabled from the Screen Options window;
  • Kill Wineskin Processes should kill ALL Wineskin processes.
  • Images (not .icns files) should also be accepted has wrapper icons;
  • LNK files should be able to be selected as a port's run path, so Wineskin can extract the path and flags from it;
  • Winetricks installation can be silent (with no windows) so it's much faster;
  • Disables X11 option if XQuartz is not installed.
  • The first Advanced tab (Configuration) should be much more simple in the first section:
    • The Windows EXE should use Wineskin syntax, including the drive and the flags, (eg. "C:/Program Files/temp.exe" --run) instead of using a macOS reference path (eg. /Program Files/temp.exe) and the flag apart (eg. --run).
  • Advanced Tab "Disabled Gecko installation" checkbox (allows install to be enabled for "Wrapper Refresh" )
  • Able to detect XQuartz installed via macports
  • Integrated fntoggle directly into Wineskin.app, now you can have Standard F keys during wrapper usage.
  • Wine versions not compatible with "mac driver" will have that option disabled.
  • Fixed a long standing bug from official Wineskin "Command Line Wine Test" now works as intended.
  • Ability to map Command as Ctrl (wine 3.17 and above)
  • Ability to map Option as Alt (wine 1.7.4 and above)
  • No longer alters "EXE Flags" meaning if you require a "/" it's no longer changed to a "\"

List of modifications for the Master Wrapper (WineskinLauncher)

• Many fixes when dealing with newest engines.
  • Closes XQuartz on exit if used.
  • Mono is never installed.
  • Able to use XQuartz installed via macports
  • fntoggle will be set on launch and unset on wrapper exit. (If enabled from wineskin.app)
  • gnuTLS included so supported engines can use it, aka using WineCX17.5.1 Steam will download again.
  • Added ffmpeg - removed for the moment
  • Now adds ntlm_auth on Engine change
  • Now checks /opt/Wineskin/lib" for dylib's
  • Added a fixed version of NCurses without this the fixed "Command Line Wine Test" will give terminal errors
  • Gnutls support requires OSX10.9!
  • Bundle ID is now generated from wineserverName instead of wineName
  • wine64 used over wine within 64Bit wrappers
  • Font Smoothing enabled on wrapper creation

List of modifications in the Winery App

• Improved - Engine Ordering.
  • Connects to custom WineskinServer.
  • Downloads engines hosted on WineskinServer.
  • Directly download current "Unofficial Master Wrapper Version"
  • "Update" feature will display when new "unofficial Wineskin Winery.app" version is available
  • Wine versions that Require XQuartz to function are hidden by default.
  • Able to read from a local EngineList.txt (in the same folder as Winery.app)
  • Download and repack Engines from winehq
  • Rebuild using Xcode10, now supports Dark Mode when using Mojave
  • Correctly downloads engines again on OSX10.8
  • Correctly handles wine version string for repacking.

With a minimum requirement of macOS/OSX 10.8.
With a recommended requirement of macOS/OSX 10.9.

Download;
Unofficial Wineskin Winery.app
Using the above just download then run, directly download the current master wrapper
Don't use keka to unpack as it currently breaks any downloaded applications after unpacking!

About Local EngineList.txt feature;
This feature was added so winery.app can read a local EngineList.txt file, create a text file with that name in the save directory as winery.app this will now override the copy hosted on GitHub , follow the correct Wineskin engine naming style to download Wine to be repacked into Engines.

Spoiler

Please make sure to clear out your users /tmp folder if you have any issues creating wrappers.

PortingKit
Anyone who uses PortingKit and is running OS X10.8 to 10.14 is now using Unofficial.

A Very Special Thanks to;
doh123 - For creating Wineskin
VitorMM - For the modernized code base along with all the included features!
NRG & dankoB - For Testing the initial releases

#2 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:17 AM

Great work! I think the best thing about the update is the fact that gpu detection is now disabled by default. I feel like a lot of people unaware of the simple fix to get wrappers working again on High Sierra.

#3 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:37 AM

View PostdankoB, on 03 April 2018 - 03:17 AM, said:

Great work! I think the best thing about the update is the fact that gpu detection is now disabled by default. I feel like a lot of people unaware of the simple fix to get wrappers working again on High Sierra.

Thanks;

But that is not the case, the GPU detection is just fixed (Apple screwed something up with Intel cards in HS), if its unable to detect the gpu its defaulted to Intel since that's what Apple screwed up.

Default setting changed was Mac Driver and all the new libs so 64bit Engines and Staging engines just work when built without editing anything.

Side Note;
I was messing with Winey but Xcode 9.3 gave up and now crashes for no reason, I might build a VM and see if I can get Winey correctly redirected to another host.

#4 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1203 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:37 AM

Unfortunately, it hangs on my system:

Spoiler

#5 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

View Postovvldc, on 03 April 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

Unfortunately, it hangs on my system:

Spoiler

That's strange

Was this during wrapper creation?

If it was try to run wineskin-2.6.2 once to give it permission to run on your system, don't make any changes just make sure you can launch it. I have have my system to set to run "applications from anywhere"

This is lightly due to it not being signed code since I don't have a developers license and also won't pay for one

#6 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1203 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:09 PM

No, after creation finished. I have my permissions set to the next higher level, but you can usually bypass if you right-click on it and select 'open'.

So, to give a bit more detail: I am specifically opening the wrapper application. and it doesn't refuse to open but it just hangs at 'Wineskin is currently busy, please wait'

#7 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

View Postovvldc, on 03 April 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

No, after creation finished. I have my permissions set to the next higher level, but you can usually bypass if you right-click on it and select 'open'.

If it does work cleanly otherwise, maybe doh123 can adopt and sign it as 2.6.3?

I used terminal command to enable the lowest option to allow apps from anywhere, ages ago since I use other software that are not signed, the right click open trick does not always work since it core app calls other unsigned binaries.

sudo spctl --master-disable

If it was signed it would work just fine, I remember doh123 said these days they don't have time to work on the project and since the GPU fix was submitted 2017-10-03 I'm not sure when doh123 will be back again.

If you want I could explain how to get most of it working without even updating the base wrapper so it auto disables the GPU check and also defaults to MAC Driver, then just add the updated Framework Folder since those are all signed.

EDIT;
Please download again it seems the copy I uploaded was missing a folder and wineskin didn't like that....

Edited by Gcenx, 03 April 2018 - 07:13 PM.

#8 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1203 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:54 PM

Ok, it works now, great :) Thanks for spotting the missing folder!

#9 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:51 PM

View Postovvldc, on 03 April 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

Ok, it works now, great :) Thanks for spotting the missing folder!

Thanks for catching it and posting feedback.

#10 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:22 PM

View PostGcenx, on 03 April 2018 - 03:37 AM, said:

Thanks;

But that is not the case, the GPU detection is just fixed (Apple screwed something up with Intel cards in HS), if its unable to detect the gpu its defaulted to Intel since that's what Apple screwed up.

Oh...hahaa, kind of funny I guess. I must have disabled it out of habit I suppose, without realizing. I thought it was actually disabled. So GPU detection now works on High Sierra again?

#11 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

View PostdankoB, on 04 April 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Oh...hahaa, kind of funny I guess. I must have disabled it out of habit I suppose, without realizing. I thought it was actually disabled. So GPU detection now works on High Sierra again?

Yep GPU detection is working again on High Sierra with this.

EDIT;
Ever noticed that wine64 wrappers don't show the wrapper name instead it's just wine64?
I'm currently testing out a fix for this little issue.

EDIT2;
Finished quicker then I thought, now Wine64 processes will take on the wrappers name instead of just showing Wine64
This change also does not affect 32bit builds so it's still universal.

EDIT3;
Added symlink for Downloads folder and added control to Wineskin interface also testing a fix for "Kill Wineskin Processes" since it never worked right when using "MAC Driver"

"Kill Wineskin Processes" works but to work it has to force close anything related to wine/wine64/Windows, so other Wine/wrappers/applications would be affected by this. Since no one ever mentioned "Kill Wineskin Processes" not working, I guess its not used much.

Edited by Gcenx, 06 April 2018 - 06:58 PM.

#12 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1203 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:52 PM

Thanks Gcenx! Did you update the download at the top of this thread? Edit: never mind, you did.

I haven't used the 'kill Wineskin processes' button in forever because it didn't work for me some time ago and now I just use the application monitor. It would be nice if it worked again, and i don't mind if it kills of other Wine stuff. I only run one at a time.

#13 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:07 PM

View Postovvldc, on 05 April 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

Thanks Gcenx! Did you update the download at the top of this thread? Edit: never mind, you did.

I haven't used the 'kill Wineskin processes' button in forever because it didn't work for me some time ago and now I just use the application monitor. It would be nice if it worked again, and i don't mind if it kills of other Wine stuff. I only run one at a time.

Yeah I noticed since I now only use MAC Driver that it no longer worked and like you I had to keep "Activity Monitor" open all the time to make sure I could kill everything, wouldnt be the first time I remade wrappers over not noticing processes were still open that caused the install problems to begin with.

For the fix just use 2.6.4 it will kill anything wine/wine64 related processes, I know it's overkill but I tried other ways to kill everything just inside the wrapper but no luck but since this way works I guess it's fine.

The Downloads folder symlinking was added as I get lazy always needing to navigate to the Downloads, I started to notice some of my wrappers kept growing in size as I forget that Downloads is inside the wrapper...

#14 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, Intel Iris 1536Mb
  • I like to play:The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Diablo III

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

View PostGcenx, on 02 April 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

• This includes the GPU detection fix by "Markus Stoll" merge request on sourceforge.

Been working on an update to make that specific part even better, with deep video card detection, more accurate and with a much wider support than the one that was been used by WineskinLauncher :)

I've reported that a long time ago, but still didn't had the chance to publish the modified Wineskin, although it's ready (however, not tested).

Me and Paul have being talking with doh about releasing a new Wineskin version. We may merge our changes to create a much more stable Wineskin :D

I will upload my modified Wineskin version to Github. In case you want to combine our changes, just submit yours in a pull request or upload your source code somewhere ;)

EDIT: Uploaded my source.
https://github.com/v...251093/wineskin

Just remembering: my source requires my framework, ObjectiveC_Extension, to be build.

#15 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:23 PM

View PostVitorMM, on 08 April 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

Been working on an update to make that specific part even better, with deep video card detection, more accurate and with a much wider support than the one that was been used by WineskinLauncher :)

I've reported that a long time ago, but still didn't had the chance to publish the modified Wineskin, although it's ready (however, not tested).

Me and Paul have being talking with doh about releasing a new Wineskin version. We may merge our changes to create a much more stable Wineskin :D

I will upload my modified Wineskin version to Github. In case you want to combine our changes, just submit yours in a pull request or upload your source code somewhere ;)

EDIT: Uploaded my source.
https://github.com/v...251093/wineskin

Just remembering: my source requires my framework, ObjectiveC_Extension, to be build.

Nice, what little I got done nothing really mostly just fixing some issues I noticed and adding downloads redirection and adding it into the menu

I'm going to gitclone that and take a look at the new code, I am still new to this so I might be of little help it took me a while to get my head around the original code :wacko:

#16 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • I like to play:The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Diablo III

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

View PostGcenx, on 08 April 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

Nice, what little I got done nothing really mostly just fixing some issues I noticed and adding downloads redirection and adding it into the menu

I'm going to gitclone that and take a look at the new code, I am still new to this so I might be of little help it took me a while to get my head around the original code :wacko:

In case you are clueless about that, you can just upload you code somewhere and I can check the differences between it and the original Wineskin source code ;)

That's easy to do with Terminal commands.

#17 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:01 AM

View PostVitorMM, on 08 April 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

In case you are clueless about that, you can just upload you code somewhere and I can check the differences between it and the original Wineskin source code ;)

That's easy to do with Terminal commands.

Let me look over you version some more and I will do a pull request with the changes, I got the idea already from your updated code.

Seems you have detection built in for what type of engine you try to install nice, for Staging64bit engines they don't like redirection of libs or it won't create syswow64 or program files (64bit) correctly.

#18 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:06 PM

View PostGcenx, on 09 April 2018 - 02:01 AM, said:

Seems you have detection built in for what type of engine you try to install

Yup :)

View PostGcenx, on 09 April 2018 - 02:01 AM, said:

nice, for Staging64bit engines they don't like redirection of libs or it won't create syswow64 or program files (64bit) correctly.

It will be very easy to create a condition just for that kind of engine :)

#19 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD6670, GTX650
  • Operating System:OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
  • I like to play:Heroes III
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:07 AM

Glad to see somebody continues the great project.

#20 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:18 AM

View PostSlice, on 19 April 2018 - 04:07 AM, said:

Glad to see somebody continues the great project.

Glad to see you are come back here ;)

#21 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

If anyone has issues creating new wrappers please empty your /tmp folder, that should solve your issues.

Also do not make Staging 64bit wrappers as it could leave junk behind in your /tmp folder.

#22 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

Re-uploaded wrappers with additional libs, now wine/wine64 should be good
As you can see below wine/wine64 are happy with them and you can see I do not have XQuartz installed on my system so wine/wine64 are using the libs provided in frameworks.

Posted Image

The two missing libs are by default missing when using normal WineHQ installs.
A few libs included with Slice's update6 were giving me errors about version mismatches or just out right ignoring them, these are read fine by  --check-libs and I no-longer see errors about wrong version of libs when checking wine run logs.

#23 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1203 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

Cool, thanks! So the links in the top post are now updated? The files are dated recently, but I couldn't be sure.

#24 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:17 PM

View Postovvldc, on 25 April 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Cool, thanks! So the links in the top post are now updated? The files are dated recently, but I couldn't be sure.

No need to update the link, I directly linked to the folder on MEGA where I'm keeping the files so I can't forget to update the links anymore.

#25 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:59 PM

Can now build Staging64 wrappers without breaking the prefix creation
Correctly symlinks libXplugin for systems above 10.8

Renaming also restored and improved, the new upload will rename wine/wine64/wine-preloader-wine64-preloader as needed depending on the engine used.
This is done by directly checking inside wswine/bundle/bin then does the correct naming, this solves the problem of Staging & Staging64 wrappers not always building correctly due to wine/wine64 being renamed will break them.
Instead for Staging & Staging64 the wine-preloader/wine64-preloader are renamed, since those are the used processes.

#26 1Mac

1Mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

I successfully made a wrapper using the Staging 64 Fix version of your wrapper and Wine Staging 3.6, but then it hangs when I open Wineskin.

#27 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:11 PM

View Post1Mac, on 28 April 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

I successfully made a wrapper using the Staging 64 Fix version of your wrapper and Wine Staging 3.6, but then it hangs when I open Wineskin.

Seems you go it before I replaced with a new version, re-download the current one from the same link

Also don't forget to clear out your /tmp folder

Also don't forget since it's downloaded software and not signed you will need to give whitelist it to run on yourself.
Right/two finger click and select open it will complain then tell it to open

#28 1Mac

1Mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:51 PM

Okay, I've installed the new wrapper, cleared the tmp folder*, and made a new wrapper. Wineskin is still hanging, unfortunately.

*Open the hard drive, hit command+shift+period to reveal hidden files, open the tmp folder/alias, move everything to the trash. Right?

#29 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

View Post1Mac, on 28 April 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

Okay, I've installed the new wrapper, cleared the tmp folder*, and made a new wrapper. Wineskin is still hanging, unfortunately.

*Open the hard drive, hit command+shift+period to reveal hidden files, open the tmp folder/alias, move everything to the trash. Right?

What ever way works for you, I use Finders "Go To Folder"  /tmp

Clear it out, you might find temp files from Wineskin/wrappers.

I don't know if your wrapper ever really got created I still think its also because didn't give it permission, so I made a Staging3.6 wrapper compressed as dmg image and added the folder that contains the wrapper update. Try to use that instead I guess since its working on my system and also working on another install on a USB hard drive that's a clean install.

#30 1Mac

1Mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:38 PM

I downloaded your dmg and Wineskin now runs fine! Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google