ChemistryTroubles

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

Hi

I'm new here and English is not my first language, so please excuse any misspellings, mis-grammas and other possible mistakes :-)

Since 2012 I've used Wineskin Winery to run first ChemSketch 2012 and later on ChemSketch 2015 on Mac-computers without problems, but in the latest edition of ChemSketch (2018), downloaded directly form ACDLABS.COM (Click), I cannot get the 3D-viewer subprogram to run.... Though there was a tiny problem with that too in ChemSketch2015, but it could be solved by first making a Test run with the SHOW3D.EXE-file as the window exe-file - it did result in an error, but it should be ignored and when I after that changed the windows exe-file to the normal CHEMSK.EXE-file, the whole program worked perfect. But... not with the 2018 edition... :-/

I'm not a very skilled Mac- or Wineskin-user, so therefore - Has anybody got any suggestions on how to solve this? Have you experienced something familiar in other programs - that the main program can't acces or activate sub programs... and last but not least, do you know what can be done about it?

Yours Sincerely
Anne (from Denmark)

#2 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:48 AM

View PostChemistryTroubles, on 22 October 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

Hi

I'm new here and English is not my first language, so please excuse any misspellings, mis-grammas and other possible mistakes :-)

Since 2012 I've used Wineskin Winery to run first ChemSketch 2012 and later on ChemSketch 2015 on Mac-computers without problems, but in the latest edition of ChemSketch (2018), downloaded directly form ACDLABS.COM (Click), I cannot get the 3D-viewer subprogram to run.... Though there was a tiny problem with that too in ChemSketch2015, but it could be solved by first making a Test run with the SHOW3D.EXE-file as the window exe-file - it did result in an error, but it should be ignored and when I after that changed the windows exe-file to the normal CHEMSK.EXE-file, the whole program worked perfect. But... not with the 2018 edition... :-/

I'm not a very skilled Mac- or Wineskin-user, so therefore - Has anybody got any suggestions on how to solve this? Have you experienced something familiar in other programs - that the main program can't acces or activate sub programs... and last but not least, do you know what can be done about it?

Yours Sincerely
Anne (from Denmark)

I managed to get it working without doing anything when using Wine Staging 3.18
You can get that by using my Unofficial Wineskin Update

#3 ChemistryTroubles

ChemistryTroubles

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:02 PM

Hi

Thank you!! I've downloaded 3.18 and I'm now running it for the first time, but it seems to be stuck - keeps on saying it's busy and shows the rotating colored circle... So I'll probably be back.. :-D

#4 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:05 AM

View PostChemistryTroubles, on 24 October 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

Hi

Thank you!! I've downloaded 3.18 and I'm now running it for the first time, but it seems to be stuck - keeps on saying it's busy and shows the rotating colored circle... So I'll probably be back.. :-D

Did you make sure to update the master wrapper version by pressing "Update" with my winery.app?

As I got this working without an issue.

#5 ChemistryTroubles

ChemistryTroubles

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:41 PM

Hi Gcenx

I've updated and I can now wrap ChemSketch with the 3.18 engine, but the 3D-Viewer still doesn't work. It starts up the same way as when it is wrapped with the other engines, and it makes the same mistake with a white background (it's black when it works) and invisible chemical structures... The structures are there, though, because when for instance you measure an angel between to bonds, the program shows the coordinates of the atoms, it's just not visible.

Øv - ChemSketch is  a really nice program and with a better drawing module than most other similar programs.

Thank you for helping :-)

#6 ChemistryTroubles

ChemistryTroubles

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:21 PM

Hmm, the problem, I reckon, lies in the 3D-program itself. It works on windowsmachines, but not when wrapped. I have now substituted the new exe-file for the 3D-subprogram with the latest older one, that was functional in the wrapped version and now it's running... not elegant, I know, but it works :-)

Ciao for now :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users