Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro Core i7 16GB
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB

MacBook Core2Duo 4GB
    nVidia 9400M 256MB
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 29 December 2018 - 01:27 AM

Has your 2011 MBP with Radeon Pro HD6750 suddenly stopped working by showing a grey screen? Or maybe it slowly skewed the screen and now viewing is not possible at all.

You're a victim of RadeonGate.

Apple finally recognized the issue sometime around 2014/2015 and had a warranty program in place until the end of 2016 thereabouts for the late 2011 MBP. I had my Logic board replaced by Apple two years ago even though I bought it second hand. I had to fight tooth and nail to get Apple to agree to fix it but they did fix it. About a month ago I was pushing the GPU and the solder connecting it to the mother board finally failed, again. I figured my computer was toast but a bit searching and I came upon a website that provides a solution.

If you have a 2011 MBP and you're not quite willing to let it die you can disable the discrete GPU and force the boot up to use the integrated Intel HD3000 GPU. The Intel GPU in this system is garbage for gaming so your computer will now only be a simple tasks type system. I tried to run GoW (2007) on the lowest setting and it was still far too choppy for enjoyable gameplay.

Here's the manual solution for the 2011 model:  https://realmacmods....on-gpu-disable/

If you have a 2012 or 2013 model and start seeing issues Apple may replace your logic board free of charge if you can verify the issue stems from the the faulty GPU:  https://www.apple.co...ro-videoissues/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users