• Create Account

Installing game through Wineskin with multiple discs?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jkownz

Jkownz

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:01 PM

Im trying to port COD 1 and it has multiple discs. I have tried installing it but it can't find the 2nd disk image. I have tried to put all the contents into one folder (put data from both discs together) but it still asks for Disk 2.
Any help would be greatly appreciated  :Rose:
Posted Image

#2 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4,279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:48 PM

Someone needs to make an entry to Installer upgrades in the Wineskin Task List....  I haven't gotten a round to it.

It basically needs to open a window, where you select the exe to run, and can enter command line flags and stuff if needed, and the window stays open with an Eject button as well during the install for multi disc installs....

until I get that implemented (if I remember to ever go add it to the task list) there is a work around for using Wine's eject.exe that often fixes this issue.

Basically create a Custom EXE Launcher and name it Eject.app, and have it point to /windows/system32/eject.exe.  When it gets to the point where it asks for the next disc, use that custom exe launcher to force it to eject the disc, then when you insert the new one it usually works fine... and Wine picks up the disc change correctly.

#3 Jkownz

Jkownz

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:01 AM

I have mounted the ISO files on the mac. I haven't burnt it to disks.
Posted Image

#4 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4,279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:08 AM

It'll look for the same drive letter... if you do a normal OSX change, wine is going to map each iso to a different drive letter.  You can have winecfg running, where you can manipulate the drive letters and links while its running.... you could do that with Wineskin.app and then run the install with drag and drop... or make a custom exe launcher for winecfg.exe (in /windows/system32/) and run it after starting the main install.

#5 Jkownz

Jkownz

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:36 AM

Im not very good at this, but I will try it anyway.
Thanks for your help!
Posted Image

#6 kirkegaard

kirkegaard

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:no idea
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

hey, I created the customer eject.app with the path through system32, but the install still shuts down when I go to eject the disk.  I am using the actual windows disks to install so it has to eject without totlally shutting down.  ideas?

#7 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4,279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

thats a really old post...

Best to just use the Eject menu option script now... no need to do it on your own.  It'll be on the main drop down menu for the app.

#8 kirkegaard

kirkegaard

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:no idea
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

sorry what?  I'm using version 2.5 of wineskin that comes with the balders gate II wrapper, I don't see any drop down eject button / app.  help?

#9 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4,279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

yeah... you'd need to update the wrapper to something much newer...

#10 Diggfinger

Diggfinger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • I like to play:Fallout - Arcanum - Might & Magic - System Shock

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

I am trying to install vampire: Bloodlines using a new WS9Wine 1.7.12 engine, with a Wineskin 2.5.12 wrapper, using the PC-CDrom version (3-discs). However, I have the same issues as mentioned above: when the installation requires me to insert CD2, I click "reject disc" from the drop down menu - NOTHING HAPPENS. I also cannot push out the CD manually because it says "Wineskin is currently using the disc- close the application to eject the disc".

Any tips??? THANKS!

#11 xdrokux

xdrokux

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris 1536 MB

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

Copy each disk into a folder separately and name them 'a', 'b' and 'c' . After configuring your wine wrapper, install the game normally and select the setup file in a. When the installer prompts you for the second CD, just change 'a' to 'b' and similarly 'b' to 'c'. Hope it helps :).

#12 vanhouten

vanhouten

Novice Member

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon RX 580
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:52 PM

Where is this mysterious "Eject menu option script" ? Outdated maybe ? I'm using the 2.8.9 beta6 wrapper… (unofficial wineskin)

#13 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:38 AM

View Postvanhouten, on 18 February 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

Where is this mysterious "Eject menu option script" ? Outdated maybe ? I'm using the 2.8.9 beta6 wrapper… (unofficial wineskin)

Very outdated menu item, that menu option was part of the custom WineskinX11 that was removed due to being outdated.

Basically create a Custom EXE Launcher and name it Eject.app, and have it point to /windows/system32/eject.exe.  When it gets to the point where it asks for the next disc, use that custom exe launcher to force it to eject the disc, then when you insert the new one it usually works fine... and Wine picks up the disc change correctly.

The above basically still works just make a Custom EXE Launcher with the following;
c:\windows\system32\eject.exe

This thread is super old you would have been better posting directly in my release thread

#14 vanhouten

vanhouten

Novice Member

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon RX 580

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:36 AM

Thanks, I'll try this later. Launching Wineskin and wineconfig to "remap" the drives can work too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users