11 replies to this topic

#1 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

See our Front Page Post about the new Porting Team v3 Update here

Hello everyone and welcome on the new PT v3 System, complete with Port Database and whatnot.

About Ports:
The Port Database is currently rather empty, but we will begin immediately converting the Ports from the phpBB3 Forum to the new Port Database.
EVERY PORT will be carried over to the Port Database, IF THE PORT had a Wrapper.
We will be very busy in the next few days & weeks converting stuff over and fixing bugs here, so lots of stuff to do for us :)
Every Port converted by us into the Port Database will retain their user comments.

About Ports that had no Wrapper (Full Game Backups):
We had a little Forum section with Full Game Backups, where Users could upload their Full Game Backups for others.
Since most of these Full Backup Ports did not have an extra Wrapper, they cannot yet be posted into the Port Database, since the main Download link in the Port Database is intended for Wrappers.
The old Porting Team Forum (the black one) will remain in read-only mode, so all users can still log in and look at their Info from their Ports

About posting extra Wrappers for these Full Games that they will be included into the Port Database:
If you want us to import your Full Backup Port into the Port Database with all content & comments, please send your Wrapper download link (linksave protected) to devilhunter@portingteam.com
We will import your Full Backup with everything around it as a Port Database entry with the Wrapper link as the main download link.

About seeing Full Backup Games by others:
Since the Port Database is mainly for Wrappers, the main Download Links get reserved for Wrapper Downloads.
As mentioned above, we will also have Backup Ports uploaded by some users.
To enable seeing full Game Backups, click onto your User Name in the top right corner and go into 'My Settings'.
On the Bottom of the Page you will see a 'View Game Backups' option. Set the field from NO to Yes and save changes.
Now you will see complete Game Backups from other user in every Port, if that Porter did upload a complete Game Backup.

There seems to be something wrong with my Posts, a few things are gone
The conversion couldn't carry over exactly everything from the old Board, but 99% of it.
The things that aren't carried over are for example the heavy customization we did with the old Board. custom bbcodes and the like.
The old Forum will be set to read-only mode shortly (means nobody can make new posts/replies), so you can take your stuff out of the old Board and paste it into your Topics here.

About missing Avatars:
Because of some miscalculation from the import (because we have two servers), newer Avatars since the middle of the year were not copied over correctly.
Everyone needs re-upload your User Avatar/Picture.
Only the newer User Avatars were lost in the transition.

Edit: the old forum is back online in read-only mode
No new User signups, but everyone else can login and get their stuff out if you are missing something here.
The old Forum will stay that way for a few months, until we are done with the import of the Ports into the Port Database.

Reply if you have questions.
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#2 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:31 AM

We will get another Theme in a few Weeks.
Firstly we need to see if everything runs & and if the Hoster complains about too much resources used from one of our System Plugins before we add a new Theme.
Because the System is new and not stress-tested, we need to see how it performs with the standard settings.

The new Theme will also be white-ish, but i'll see that we also get a switchable black theme for night owls.

Quick fix in the meantime: press control + option + command + 8 on the Keyboard to invert colors.
Or look for a Browser plugin that changes to night colors, there exist some for firefox and safari.
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#3 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2,127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

In the notifications options it says mobile app. Does this mean there is an iphone/ ipod app or some other mobile device app being built or built already?

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#4 Battlefiler

Battlefiler

Veteran Member

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 423 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 3000 (512mb)
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:Star Wars Battlefront 2

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:05 AM

View PostGameGuy, on 29 December 2011 - 02:55 AM, said:

In the notifications options it says mobile app. Does this mean there is an iphone/ ipod app or some other mobile device app being built or built already?

yea the same question i ask me too
Posted Image

#5 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:06 AM

View PostGameGuy, on 29 December 2011 - 02:55 AM, said:

I actually haven't looked at that, but a search on iTunes reveals this for example:
http://itunes.apple....d458328962?mt=8

There are a few others, and a few strange apps by invison power services, inc. directly

You can test this out if you want to, then we can tell others to use the iPhone app for this board.

- zero

#6 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2,127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:55 AM

Ok just downloaded ipb buddy app for my iphone to view ipb boards and it seems to be a simple app to view stuff though not eye catching and not finger friendly but good enough. The only reason seeing myself using this app is to look at my notifications which actually no setup was needed just log into the site and I got my notifications right away. The pro version is $1.99 USD but the add at the bottom isn't too annoying.

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#7 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:58 AM

system was down a few minutes, syao tried to get a few paths right in the database
didn't work though

- zero

#8 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

View PostHrachya, on 29 December 2011 - 06:21 AM, said:

Question... What happened to the Ruskii section? The text doesn't show up... I mean it does but it ain't Russian. Look here: http://portingteam.c...rum/100-eλλάδα/

This one got the ugly stick.
Because of the import from phpBB to IPB, non- unicode characters were destroyed.
Perhaps there is a way to restore that posts, but i think they need to be deleted and new ones made.

- zero

#9 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

Edit: the old forum is back online in read-only mode
No new User signups, but everyone else can login and get their stuff out if you are missing something here.
The old Forum will stay that way for a few months, until we are done with the import of the Ports into the Port Database.

- zero

#10 syao

syao

Administration Team

• Administrators
  • 664 posts
  • LocationThe Net, Vast and Infinite
  • Graphics Card:[MacBook 13 - Intel GMA950] [iMac 27 - ATI Radeon HD4850] [MacBook Pro 13 - Intel HD3000]
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

View Postdevilhunter, on 29 December 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

This one got the ugly stick.
Because of the import from phpBB to IPB, non- unicode characters were destroyed.
Perhaps there is a way to restore that posts, but i think they need to be deleted and new ones made.

I'll try some magic on a copy of the database sometime soon (there are a few more things that require my attention before doing so).  Hopefully it'll be able to restore at least the Russian, Chinese and Japanese sections, since they're completely broken.

Posted Image
This ███ will be left blank in sign of protest █████ internet censorship.

#11 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

Centurion du forum francophone

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
  • I like to play:Strategy (Europa Universalis III, EU:Rome, Rome Total War) and some RPG (NWN, TES)

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

Well, french is not *completely* broken, but if you could work your magic there too, it would save me a few hours of manual post editing!
Posted Image

If there is a problem with one of my wrappers, please let me know by posting on the game thread AND by sending me a pm.
If there are no problems, then a little "Thank you!" is always heart-warming! ;)

#12 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostScipioAemilius, on 31 December 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

Well, french is not *completely* broken, but if you could work your magic there too, it would save me a few hours of manual post editing!
Set you up for Language Sub-Moderator now, perhaps you can edit most of the things back to usefulness there.

- zero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users