The following File Sharing Sites are blacklisted and should not be used, because they are not working anymore or are not reliable:
- MegaUpload.com: dead as of 01/19/2012 - Information
- FileSonic.com: disabled all activity as of 01/23/2012 - Information
- FileServe.com: disabled any file sharing activity and started banning several accounts for T&C violation as of 01/23/2012
- FileJungle.com: same company as FileSonic
- Uploaded.to: blocking USA traffic as of 01/21/2012 - Information
- Dropbox.com: Dropbox disables accounts if high traffic gets detected. not recommended.
- RapidShare.com: RapidShare limits download speed to 30KB/second (apparently for files larger than 20~30 MB only) and creates Problems in some countries. not recommended.
- WUpload.com: “Announcement: All sharing has been disabled. Wupload is not a file sharing site. If you uploaded a file, only you can download it and it can't be shared with anyone else.”
Q: Why do we use File Hosters at all?
A: The bandwidth (download traffic) all files generate on a popular site is immense, only File Hosters can handle that traffic.
Also bandwidth isn't free. This project has not the sufficient funds to start our own file server. *
*(this is currently in evaluation...)
Q: Why not use torrents?
A: torrents are not recommended for small files like Wrappers, Seeds will die very quickly.
know any more bad file hosters or got a recommendation/suggestion?
make a new Topic in this section and tell us about it.
-- edit: Updated FileServe status [syao]
-- edit: Updated WUpload status [syao]