6 replies to this topic

#1 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Porting Team System Update: v3.1

Hello all.

Since we updated the whole site to 'version 3', a whole lot of stuff has been going on behind the scenes in terms of fixes and features.
We will go with a application version-like update mechanism & changelog for our system now, because this makes keeping track of our changes & improvements easier for you.

- System Version indicator
On the top left there is now a System Version indicator.
Click this link to get to our ChangeLog of the entire site.
Posted Image

- Graphic Card Status Indicators in Category view
Porting Team System v3 was text-based, but v3.1 show the GPU indicators pretty nicely via custom graphics.
Since Wrappers run differently on different GPU chipsets, you can use the Port Indicator to get a quick view of the Port's compatibility.
Click any category in the Port Database to see the Port Indicators.
Posted Image

- Automatic Personal Message Cleanup
Normally, the IPB System does not have a way for automatically remove old messages.
Your Inbox can get full pretty quickly, and you'd have to manually delete messages to receive new ones.
We've set up a automatic message pruning system that removes messages after they are 90 days old.
This saves you the hassle of manually deleting old stuff.
Posted Image

- Porters Page
The Porters Page lists all Members who have submitted a Port to the Port Database.
The old way of manually adding Porters to a group was tedious and some users were overlooked easily.
Now the system will add you to the Porters Page, if you submitted at least 1 Port to the Port Database.
Porters with the most Ports are on the top.
The List of all Porters is available in the Port Database (Left side, 'Extras' Panel), or click here to get to it directly.

- Latest Announcements Sidebar
Since only a few actually stumble their way into the Announcement section every now and then, we've added a Sidebar on the top right where we will list all important messages we want you to read.
Now everything important is easy to notice.
Posted Image

- New Member Ranks & Rank Window & Custom Ranks
We've introduced a bit more 'generic' Member Ranks, since the old ones we transferred over from phpBB were a bit outdated, and didn't fit anymore with our current system.
Not everything is in the Forum anymore (Port Database, Tutorials), and not everyone is a Porter.
Also click on the Rank banner under a Member's name and see all the Ranks members can get on our System.
Users with more than 500 Posts in the Forum will get Stars instead of 'Pips', and they will be able to choose their own custom Rank name (Member Title) in their profile settings.

- Pre-defined Help Topics
All new Topics in the 'Ask for Help!' sections now have some default information automatically filled into them for members to edit.
Since most new members do not read the 'how to post' stickies or forget to post some required things others could use to help them, the pre-defined Help Topics will definitely help out in this area.
The 'Porting Requests' section & 'Report website problems' section have this helpful change as well.

- Better Notification System
On the top right corner besides your name is now a 'Sync' button.
This Sync button will automatically change your Notification settings to the Board default one.
Since notifications are a big source of information transfer on our system, going with the default Notifications is recommended to show you when your favorite Port is updated,
show you when you got new replies on your followed Topics, or get a email when someone reports your Port broken.
Posted Image
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#2 cybershark

cybershark

Veteran Member

• Forum Moderators
  • 371 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

Nice work. I like the new things u added. especially the color indicators and the thingy with the automatic message deleting.

Posted Image

#3 Battlefiler

Battlefiler

Veteran Member

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 423 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 3000 (512mb)
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:Star Wars Battlefront 2

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

yes this cms is awsome
Posted Image

#4 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2,381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Oh! I'm going to become Champion Member when I have 500 posts! :P

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC

#5 RazorPro

RazorPro

Chief Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSan Andreas
  • Graphics Card:nvidia 9400m
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostReboot, on 06 February 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Oh! I'm going to become Champion Member when I have 500 posts! :P

You'll also be able to change your custom title ;) .

Posted ImagePosted Image[ "Experience is the teacher of all things."  -Julius Caesar ]

#6 Haraide

Haraide

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

Does your member rank automatically change or do the admins do it themselves?
Posted Image
Nura Rikuo by AR-UAon deviantART

#7 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2,381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
Author

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

Gaming God FTW!

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users