Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Author

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Are we having an intervention here?

I wouldn't even mind broken English (although that gibberish doesn't even qualify as broken English) if he was at least trying. None of us can magically know where the problem lies or what went wrong, if it's a software problem or a user problem.
We need you to help us help you. One way you can help is by using proper understandable English. The written English language is the standard of communication here, grammar and orthography (important as well) were invented to provide a universal standard for communication, in other words to help us understand each other. Your posts are really hard to read and most of the time I just skim them and try to guess what you mean. It's becoming more and more frustrating, especially with your attitude of not providing us with any useful information to work with.

This leads to frustration on our side. I worked for a while in retail (selling Apple products BTW) and you come off like the type of customer who comes in with his Mac and gets all worked up, demanding we magically fix it at once and acts like he is the most important person in the store.
See, it'S OK not to know things. There will always be more things you don't know than you do. But just as you expect from others to do their part, you must be willing to improve upon yourself. There are courses for learning English, I bet there are even free online videos. If you have some sort of mental issues don't be afraid to let us know, it's better than sounding like an asshole. As for the technical parts, ask where you can find Wine logs, ask what you can post to help. Provide as much information as you can. This is a community-driven project and while most of us might not feel any sort of personal responsibility towards each other we can at least maintain a certain level of social dignity.

We are nice people and we have been putting up with your ways for quite some time, but our patience and time are limited. I'm not tellign you to GTFO, but to adjust your behaviour.

View PostKGameLover1, on 21 April 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

He actually does live in the US, it's actually his first language, sadly.
Just because you are living somewhere that doesn't mean that's your native language.
Games I own that still need porting:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Descent 3, Fallout, Space Rangers 2

#32 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2,836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

I realize that this topic is gone very off topic, but I wanna add in a small thing.
If blinxfrost is not a native speaker, doesn't give a "poop" about how he write, or a dyslectic, I don't know.

Anyways, there are several tools that can help, like the built in spelling checker in Mac OS.
Also reading thru what you are writing should help a bit.
I'm not a native speaker and therefore I do read thru my posts quickly before I submit them.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#33 DonGato

DonGato

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSailing...Well no probably working on the boat...
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce 320M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

"Any non-native speaker who apologizes in advance for their English will have a better command of the language than at least 60% of the forum posters."

One of the laws of Forums...

Cluthz, your post has a few grammatical and spelling errors, but I know exactly what you are trying to say. That is what counts.

Also I would be willing to bet that English is blinxfrost's first language. Americans... (and I say this as an American)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users