• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel IRIS Graphics
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hello everyone, this is my first post in the project section.

I wouldn't necessarily call this a 'project' but a topic of discussion on the infamous 'xlive.dll' file.

Here, i would like to discuss with you all how the fake xlive.dll is actually produced. I believe that it would be a benefit towards the portingteam if we where to identify how exactly fake xlive.dll's are produced and how they can be used for ports.

It came to my attention that CheatEngine, a windows application used for essentially creating trainers and enabling cheats within games, can be used to create an xlive.dll / bypass for GFWL. I have only found a few of their forum topics and threads that are related to xlive bypassing which i will leave a link to at the bottom of this post.

I would like to discuss with you all on how we would use CheatEngine to produce xlive.dll's that can be used in wrappers.
I would also like to know if any of you are experienced CheatEngine users that may be able to clarify the whole xlive.dll situation.

So far, many fake xlive.dll's exist... but they don't exist for EVERY game.

Examples of games that have fake xlive.dll's are:
Fallout 3
Bulletstorm
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Street Fighter X Tekken
Fable III
Bioshock 2
Grand Theft Auto 4
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from liberty city
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the record
Batman Arkham city (not 100% sure on this)
(others are likely to exist too, this is just a small list)

Is it possible to identify the siliarity between all these xlive.dll's to find out what exactly has to be done to bypass GFWL?

Cheers!

How to:
Attack GFWL
Disable xlive memory check
Dealing with xlive and similar protections

other results in CheatEngines search page

This thread can also be a general discussion on xlive.dll's that have all ready been produced. If you know that xlive.dll's exist for other games, please inform me and i will add the game titles to the list.

For more information on all read release AND Upcoming games that use GFWL then click HERE.

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#2 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2,836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
Author

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

(Cleaned the useless comments already posted..)

I think someone here was posting how to build xlive dlls for wine.
I think it was a few weeks back, you might search for it and see if that give you any insights

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#3 julus

julus

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon 6750M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:MMORPG, Adventure, RPG, Strategy
Author

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

View Postblinxfrost, on 12 May 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

the commit you made was just useless cleaning up my useless comment what about all the useless comment every post on other forms that off topic

Dear Blinxfrost. Maybe you don't see it, but he actually posted something which could help author of this topic to solve his/her issue. If you don't see it, he pointed out, that something like this was discussed a while ago, and the author might find there clues or solution to his/her problem.

A lot of your 617+ posts are just your personal feelings. They do not contain any information value. If you must share your personal feelings, that is what the facebook is for, or other topics, or at least add to them some information (or personal experiences) which may lead to solution.

Now back to topic.

View PostDanIsTheMan, on 12 May 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Hello everyone, this is my first post in the project section.

I wouldn't necessarily call this a 'project' but a topic of discussion on the infamous 'xlive.dll' file.

Here, i would like to discuss with you all how the fake xlive.dll is actually produced. I believe that it would be a benefit towards the portingteam if we where to identify how exactly fake xlive.dll's are produced and how they can be used for ports.

It came to my attention that CheatEngine, a windows application used for essentially creating trainers and enabling cheats within games, can be used to create an xlive.dll / bypass for GFWL. I have only found a few of their forum topics and threads that are related to xlive bypassing which i will leave a link to at the bottom of this post.

Is it possible to identify the siliarity between all these xlive.dll's to find out what exactly has to be done to bypass GFWL?

From programmator perspective, it is not hard to bypass GFWL completly, for example:
Making a custom xlive.dll which will don't render anything, and if game asks for something, it just return something like "net connection not available". But this can make problems when GFWL is used to determine bought DLC's. The list of exported functions can be obtained from the xlive.dll file, for most of them, return status false should be sufficient (if not all).

#4 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2,836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
Author

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

View Postblinxfrost, on 12 May 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

the commit you made was just useless cleaning up my useless comment what about all the useless comment every post on other forms that off topic

As I wrote to you, it can be hurtful for serious Projects and Help Requests if the first few posts are 100% off topic and takes the focus away from the main post.
In game discussions and other discussions it often goes a bit off topic, but addresses other themes/issues with the original post.
If these goes too far, they will be f.ex made into a new thread.
Like the: http://portingteam.c...d-free-cookies/

I hope people understands this.

Especially Projects and Help Requests are very vulnerable to the topics going off topic, as the original poster could end up with no answers at all.

I realize this is off topic too, but I'll leave it here for people to see.

----

I do believe this post has some info Dan:
http://portingteam.c...h__1#entry76122

Now please direct the attention to Dan's original post.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#5 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

View Postcluthz, on 12 May 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

I do believe this post has some info Dan:
http://portingteam.c...h__1#entry76122

Now please direct the attention to Dan's original post.

Thank you for the link cluthz, i have tried the xliveless patch out with several GFWL games (Gears of war, Resident evil: ORC (before i found a fake xlive,dll),  and a few others too) but i have so far had no success when using this patch. I've found the fake xlive.dll to always work.

View Postjulus, on 12 May 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

From programmator perspective, it is not hard to bypass GFWL completly, for example:
Making a custom xlive.dll which will don't render anything, and if game asks for something, it just return something like "net connection not available". But this can make problems when GFWL is used to determine bought DLC's. The list of exported functions can be obtained from the xlive.dll file, for most of them, return status false should be sufficient (if not all).

Thank you for your insight and contribution to the topic. Do you have any experience with CheatEngine or producing fake xlive.dll's?

Cheers!

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#6 ValkTuna

ValkTuna

Imitator, Intimidator, Stimulator, Simulator of Data, Eliminator

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationIn the deep dark depths of the earth... :P
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 320M 256MB.
  • I like to play:SMITE, LoL, and other games that catch my attention. Usually a wide range of genres.

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

Interesting and promising topic. The xliveless patch didn't work for me. Really.
And I'm pretty sure Batman Arkham City doesn't have a fake xlive.dll.

Have you checked out Fallout 3's GFWL Disabler?
http://fallout3.nexu...s.com/mods/1086
Not sure if the disabler works only exclusively for Fallout 3 only.

Maybe this concept can also be used for this. Dunno.

Never got to try F3's GFWL Disabler out, though.
Posted Image
Main banner thanks to RazorPro

I don't have anything else to say, I guess.

#7 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2,127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostSouthTuna, on 13 May 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

Interesting and promising topic. The xliveless patch didn't work for me. Really.
And I'm pretty sure Batman Arkham City doesn't have a fake xlive.dll.

Have you checked out Fallout 3's GFWL Disabler?
http://fallout3.nexu...s.com/mods/1086
Not sure if the disabler works only exclusively for Fallout 3 only.

Maybe this concept can also be used for this. Dunno.

Never got to try F3's GFWL Disabler out, though.
I use this fallout 3 xlive.dll for all of my gfwl games and haven't found a game it didn't work with.

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#8 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostGameGuy, on 13 May 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

I use this fallout 3 xlive.dll for all of my gfwl games and haven't found a game it didn't work with.

I've tried it with a few games: Gears of war, bulletstorm (before the xlive.dl was released) and a few others, but it doesnt seem to have any effect on the game nor does it seem to disable xlive... for me that is.

Posted Image

#9 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2,379 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
Author

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Do GFWL requires the .NET 3.5 sp1?

Edit: NVM. It do. http://appdb.winehq....rsion&iId=17784 I was lazy to use google.

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC

#10 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX 760 (2048mb)
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
    Nvidia geforce 9400 (264mb)
  • I like to play:Games
Author

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

i am tooo lazy to make a fake xlive.dll
can some make one or link me to one that works for Lost Planet 2 , so i can actually port the game :D
--
HM

#11 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nivida
  • I like to play:FPS RPG 3rd Person & Horror Games

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

Recently Halo 2 & Gears Of War Have Received a Modded Patch form nosTEAM making it able to run on windows xp also included a modded xlive.dll if you read more into the comments / info

#12 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

View Posthmtinc, on 17 June 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

i am tooo lazy to make a fake xlive.dll
can some make one or link me to one that works for Lost Planet 2 , so i can actually port the game :D
remember me and you ported it and there no way for us to save so we abannoned the project and on lost planet even though i bypassed GFWL you got stuck on menu screen

#13 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

"Hi folks.

I had come up with a way of bypassing the memory checks of xlive. As many will know, if you try and alter gamecode on a live-enabled game (such as gears of war, fallout 3, street fighter, fuel etc) it will crash. Perhaps not immediately, but it will at some stage.

Anyway, I had only shared this method with certain people, because it was a certain 'rarity'. However, now H4x0r (the now-famous trainer-ripper) has skanked it from a cheathappens release recently. So now, suprise suprise, many more people know. So I have decided to post it and make this known, so other people can benefit from it.

There is a byte-sequence you should search for (took a while to track down obviously, seen as though no-one else has done one):
8B EC 83 EC 20 53 56 57 8D 45 E0 33 F6 50 FF 75 0C 8B F9

Search for this in the xlive module and this will land you at the start of the routine which deals with the checking. All you have to do is prevent it from doing it's stuff, so placing a RETN 0C at the start of the code is one way to achieve this.

This byte pattern has been present since the earliest versions of xlive and still works for the very latest v3 version. I worked very carefully to find a 'universal pattern'. So find that in the game, patch it and modify memory with your hacks. Done!

Feel free to share and use in your releases. A note of some kind would be nice though to show where you got it from and so I know who's making use of it.

~Psych"

-http://memoryhacking...opic.php?t=4934

#14 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Is there a Xlive.dll For Dark Souls?

#15 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2,127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

OMG man just edit your post and download the THETA  XLIVE.DLL as it works on pretty much anything

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#16 KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Need a title

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationWhere I am is where I be
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, also Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB.
  • I like to play:Everything that's fun
Author

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostBlinx 007, on 18 October 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

Is there a Xlive.dll For Dark Souls?
yes
but considering most expert porters can't get it to run good it I doubt you can even get it to launch

Posted Image

blinxfrost said:

in game my guy spins out of control only way i can control is arrow keys my hands are to nubby to reach them and shot

View my ports! <--- Orcs Must Die, Payday, Fallout, I Wanna Be The Guy, and more!

How to use a Wineskin wrapper!

#17 tristerser

tristerser

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:Ikogose

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

Как отвечать комментарием, на предыдушее сообщение?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users