So if you Post a Port you've worked hard on into the Port Database, it could go down in the sea of the other content there, unless you tell other people about it.
For this exact purpose we have created the 'My Nexus' Pages.
The system will give every User who submitted at least one Port into the Port Database his own My Nexus Page.
Example My Nexus Pages:
How to access your My Nexus Page:
1. Click on your Profile / a Profile from another User
2. Click on the 'view My Nexus' Button
3. The resulting Page is your 'My Nexus' Page
( copy the Browser's URL )
You can take your 'My Nexus' Page and use it to 'advertise' for your Ports.
Typical ways of getting more visibility and downloads for your Ports are:
- sending this Page to your Friends or Family
- linking to your My Nexus Page from your own Blog/Website
- posting a link to this Page in a relevant Gaming Forum
- posting a link in the description/comments of a YouTube video
- posting it via Twitter/Facebook
You can also share someone else's My Nexus Page if you want.
Currently also your Game Backups are shown on your My Nexus Page, and also your Ports that are reported broken or offline.
More configuration options for this will come in the future.
Planned Upgrades to the My Nexus Pages are:
- 'User featured Ports' - Users can feature what Port they want featured from their collection on their My Nexus Pages (like our Port Database has)
- embeddable iFrames - on each Member's My Nexus Page will be a small text box where you can copy your My Nexus Page as an iFrame into the clipboard.
This iFrame can be used to embedd your whole Port collection in a html/php site, or even post it in Forums Posts/Blog Posts that support iFrames
- next/previous page indicators - currently every Nexus Page is limited to the last 50 Ports, but we'll implement some next/previous pages for the 51+ Ports
- disabling specific Types of Ports that others can view via your My Nexus Page
Got some Full Game Backups or WIP Ports that you don't want others to see where you post your My Nexus Page? (or vice versa) No Problem, user selectable categories to show on the My Nexus Page to the rescue.
Also see the Announce for the Port Database Nexus and My Nexus Pages.