Digital404, on 27 May 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:
You know what just lock the post.
I think it's a good idea, and people really get off on Achievements and social stuff.
And i do not think that this system attracts/causes spammers.
The achievements for posts are a bad idea, yes, that's why we have the ranks for.
What this system really needs, are useable achievements, like you get an achievement for:
- for x number of wrapper ports
- for x number of backup ports
- for x number of retro ports
- for x number of application ports
- for x number of 'likes' gotten
- for x number of articles written
- for x number of warnings gotten
- for x number of days you are a member
each member would get a little 'trophy room' in his member page (not on the forum topic view sidebar), where it displays little icons that are the trophies.
i would be for this system, but i don't have the means to code it, or the time.
Also the way to check for the different 'x number of' like i mentioned above would be hard, since the things to check are in all kinds of modules and SQL fields.
The only one who can code that would be syao, and he said via PM that he can look at it if he has a good chunk of free time available in the future.