2 replies to this topic

#1 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

You can now sign up or log in through a Google Account on our website.
It's a feature we've always wanted to have on this Board, to let users sign up without the captcha/activation email hassle.

This is mainly useful to People who have not signed up already; so if you already have an account here, there's not much new besides one less password for you to remember.

Creating a new account here through Google works like this:

- There are three ways to sign in/sign up: (pick whatever you prefer, all buttons perform the same function)
click the Google Icon Posted Image on the top right corner
OR
click the "Sign In" Button right next to it then the "Posted Image Use Google" Button
OR
click the green "Create Account" Button then the "Posted Image Sign in with Google" Button.

After you click the Posted Image Button it takes you to Google's Page where you type in your @gmail or @googlemail email and your email Password.
Then Google redirects you back to us and you can choose what display name you'd like here.
And that's it.

The Google Sign up method uses official Google APIs and is very secure.
People who sign up with Facebook or Twitter use the same procedure.
The Google login is much faster though, creating an account is as quick as you'd need to type in your email address and a display name.

Note:
You need to have a Google email address or another Google Account (Labs, Code, etc) to use the Google login feature.
If you already made an account normally here, and associated a @gmail email address with it, you can use the Google login method too.

If you only used the Google Sign in feature to log in here, you do not have a normal Forum password made for your account here.
The Button "Password" shows up besides the Sign Out Button to let you choose a password, so you can also log in with your username and password here (and not depend on Google's services)
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#2 Digital404

Digital404

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThe Nexus Core
  • Graphics Card:The one that in my machine :)
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:All games that doesn't bored me to death.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Awesome work :)
Time Paradox \/---- By 0(-----------)

#3 Lardison

Lardison

Novice Member

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

allright

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users