• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KanaRyuX

KanaRyuX

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

I've been having this problem lately and I've been wondering if it's just been me or if other people experience it, too. Sometimes after using a wrapper for a while, when I launch the wrapper, it immediately closes and leaves like 6 wine processes running. I have to go manually end those processes in Activity Monitor, and then try launch the wrapper via the "Test Run" button in the wineskin advanced settings. It's really aggrivating since the wine processes just tend to stack up if I don't manually end them and those cause lots of memory to be used. Is there something wrong with my computer that's causing this to happen? Is there a known fix for this?

My OS: Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

#2 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4,279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Only if the program your running is having problems in WIne should any of the processes get stuck.  When Wineskin shuts down the Wineserver, every Wine process should shut down too unless something has screwed up and it cannot... which would be a problem in Wine itself.

#3 KanaRyuX

KanaRyuX

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

I am wondering if I have conflicting installs of wine aspects of some sort though. Every wrapper I download has this problem and I have installed things like WineBottler and other wine things in the past. I can't imagine that every wrapper has this problem even the very popular ones. Thanks for the quick reply.

#4 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4,279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

well that doesn't normally happen... no idea why its happening on yours, but any other Wine or WineBottler, PlayOnMac, Crossover, etc... shouldn't be able to interfere at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users