VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, Intel Iris 1536Mb
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Diablo III

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

WARNING! That post is outdated! For the most recent application, check Porting Center and Porting Kit at portingkit.com!

Hello, I'm GammaStudio, and I'm new in Porting Team, but I'm involved with game Ports (especially Wineskin) for almost 2 years. After all this time, I've created a software to edit game Ports easily. The name is Gamma Studio. Take a look.

Posted Image

That's Gamma Studio editing an 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion' port:

Posted Image

Gamma Studio can edit Wineskin, CXZ, CXEx, Old CXZ and Old Wineskin Wrappers, but the MenuBar tab bellow only works with Wineskin.

Other interesting features:

- Gamma Studio can use almost all kinds of file as an icon to your Port (yes, you won't need to convert it to icns anymore). Some of the supported extensions are: JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF, PDF, PSD, WEBP, SVG, XCF (if you have Gimp installed), EXE (the icon is extracted), ICO, and many others, including videos (the QuickLook icon).

- "Get Data": You can extract from your Port Main EXE the app name, version, copyright and icon (which is very useful for new Windows games, where the icon size in 256x256). Lower icons can be improved with SmillaEnlarger, which was implemented in Gamma Studio.

- "Find out needed winetricks": you can find out which DLLs, OCXs and AXs (libraries) are needed to the Main EXE work, and based on them, Gamma Studio will told which winetricks are the needed (still been improved, but very useful).

Gamma Studio official website:
http://gammastudio.sourceforge.net/

Download link to Gamma Studio:
http://sourceforge.n...ts/gammastudio/

If you find some bug, you can relate it to me and I will solve it as soon as possible, but at the moment, I didn't found any new bug (all the older ones were solved, and that's why only now Gamma Studio is officially non-beta, but mature).

What do you think about it?

Requirements:
- Processor: Core Duo

#2 waves

waves

Tired, and starting to outlive my usefullness.

• Super Moderators
  • 1,600 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDA
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

This looks pretty darn cool to me. I will give a try on the weekend.
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

#3 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Author

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Nice idea but some of the features can be changed in the wrapper directly using Wineskin.app or Winecfg. Wouldn't it be better to have the other features integrated right into Wineskin.app instead of having a separate app on your hard drive?
Games I own that still need porting:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Descent 3, Fallout, Space Rangers 2

#4 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • I like to play:The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Diablo III

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Yeah, but most part of these features are much easier to do using Gamma Studio, like create a new drive, than using Wineskin.app or Winecfg.
And Gamma Studio works with Cider ports too, and integrate it with Wineskin would make this ability useless.

#5 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1,600 posts
Author

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

So I was playing around with it today. I do indeed like it. Of course the first thing I tried was a CX port - which does not work unfortunately :(

Besides not working with CX - the only other issue I had was closing an .app - I had to close Gamma Studio down and re-open if I wanted to launch the wine .app again
Posted Image

How to get multiple file port games / apps runnning: http://portingteam.c...-combine-files/

#6 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

Actually, it only works with Cider and Wineskin (I will add CX support soon).  What do you mean with "the file was not closing"?

⌘ + W didn't worked?

#7 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1,600 posts
Author

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Okay so I re-read that - poorly poorly written - sorry.

Basically say I open Gamma Studio - then I open a game with it let us say Bomberman.App - I go up to File - and click launch port - Bomberman launches - I play bomberman for a bit get bored - exit the game. Gamma Studio is still running - and I think hey I want to play again - but I can not. I can not go back up and select launch port again. I need to close Gamma Studio and re-open and select the game again to be able to launch it.
Posted Image

#8 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2,381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

"Wrapper Menu" is really nice feature I wanted.

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC

#9 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

View Postwaves, on 08 March 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

Okay so I re-read that - poorly poorly written - sorry.

Basically say I open Gamma Studio - then I open a game with it let us say Bomberman.App - I go up to File - and click launch port - Bomberman launches - I play bomberman for a bit get bored - exit the game. Gamma Studio is still running - and I think hey I want to play again - but I can not. I can not go back up and select launch port again. I need to close Gamma Studio and re-open and select the game again to be able to launch it.

Uhn, now I understand. I didn't noticed this problem, but I will fix it soon. Thank you.

#10 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Strange... this problem don't seems to happen with me. Can you send me the link of this game?

It seems to be a problem for specific cases.

By the way, waves, you seems to have a lot of experience with CXZ/CXEx. I'm having trouble with this because I don't have any CXZ/CXEx engine installed. Could you tell me a CXZ/CXEx only characteristic? For example: Cider ports have always a 'cider' file inside the folder 'MacOS'. Wineskin Wrappers always have a 'Wineskin Launcher' inside the folder 'MacOS'. Which should be my reference with CXZ/CXEx ports?

The Bomberman which you tried was this one?
http://portingteam.c...7580-bomberman/

This one is working fine to me to "Launch Port" for the second time. The Port just need to be already completely closed (like when you do ⌘ + Q), otherwise it's not closed yet.

Edited by GammaStudio, 09 March 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#11 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostREBOOT, on 08 March 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

"Wrapper Menu" is really nice feature I wanted.

Enjoy it xD

#12 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Oh, I'd forgot to show the "Get Data" window, which is one of the most remarkable features of Gamma Studio.

Posted Image

This feature is been improved more and more since it was included in Gamma Studio, but it's almost perfect now. The information in the window is extracted from the Main EXE file, saving time from looking for the year of creation, the app creator, the app version and an icon to the Port (this is useful for new games, like "Mass Effect").

#13 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

View Postwaves, on 08 March 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

So I was playing around with it today. I do indeed like it. Of course the first thing I tried was a CX port - which does not work unfortunately :(

Now Gamma Studio have CXZ/CXEx support, but I need testers to this, since I don't have CXZ/CXEx installed.

#14 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Now, Gamma Studio uses SmillaEnlarger to improve icons quality. The actual version is 1.981, with 1.982 coming soon.

#15 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1,600 posts
Author

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostGammaStudio, on 14 March 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Now Gamma Studio have CXZ/CXEx support, but I need testers to this, since I don't have CXZ/CXEx installed.

I need a new hard drive and then I will test it.
Posted Image

#16 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Ok, I will be waiting. Oh, and Gamma Studios "Screen Options" window is in progress.

#17 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1,600 posts
Author

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

New hard drive in - I select a CXZ port and reiceive the "this is not a vaild port" message. Also tried with CXE port same message.
Posted Image

#18 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

That shouldn't happen. Can you send me a CXZ port download link as example to test?

#19 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1,600 posts
Author

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

CXE:
I used my Save2Mac Port - http://portingteam.c.../7218-save2mac/

CXS:
I used my Ys III port - http://portingteam.c...june-26th-2011/
Posted Image

#20 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'm going to download them right now, and then check what is going on.

#21 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Test of CXE port, Save2Mac: Now I understand. I had never seem a CXE port inside. The structure is different from Wineskin, Cider and CXZ (tested with Super Mario XP), so Gamma Studio didn't had the support. I'm fixing this right now, while Ys III is downloading, but I will have to stop in 1 hour because I will compete in Google Code Jam.

#22 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

Ok, a new version is on Sourceforge. Gamma Studio 1.984 now can open these kinds of apps.

#23 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

The version 1.985 was released, repairing a bug which was found in "Star Wars Battlefront II" wrapper.

I'm looking for help to translate Gamma Studio. As soon as I finish the layout of all the windows I will insert the new languages, but I need help with the translation. Using the page "Your language" from Porting Team, I assume that my priority languages should be: Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese. I can translate to Portuguese, Evilence agreed to help me with the Russian translation, and some of my relatives can help a little with Italian and Spanish, but I still need help with Dutch, French, Chinese and Japanese. Somebody is willing to help?

#24 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

The newest version (1.99) can change the Screen Options. It's working only with Wineskin Wrappers at the moment.

Posted Image

Download

#25 waves

waves

• Super Moderators
  • 1,600 posts
Author

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

1.984 working with CXE - I can likely assist with French if you want. Though there people here that are better at French then me ;)
Posted Image

#26 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

Yes, that would help a lot. I have a test in university on thurday, so as soon as finish it, I will give to CXE/CXZ the Screen Options support. After that, "Custom EXE" will be the last step before "Gamma Studio 2.0". Then, we will start the translation process.

#27 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Sorry, I had many tests and didn't gave CXE/CXZ the Screen Options support yet, but I will do it as soon as possible.

#28 wMin17

wMin17

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

How does this work?/

#29 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostwMin17, on 03 June 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

How does this work?/

It's working perfectly with Wineskin Wrappers, but it is still been improved for Cider and CXE/CXZ ports.

#30 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostwMin17, on 03 June 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

How does this work?/

Oh, sorry. Did you said "'How' does this work?"? xD
Which part exactly? Menu Editor? Drive Manager? Icon multi-extension support?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users