• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Reboot

Reboot

I am Darkstar

• Database Moderators
  • 2381 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:59 AM

http://www.naturalne...th_effects.html
http://www.safespace...ss-routers.aspx

So… is it true? What a science.

Discuss here.

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ Hackintosh Spec ~ ~ ~

Intel Core i5-3570K 4.20GHz -- Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Nvidia EVGA GTX 980 4GB VRAM GDDR5 SC

#2 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
Author

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

About the author:

Zach C. Miller was raised from an early age to believe in the power and value of healthy-conscious living. He later found in himself a talent for writing, and it only made sense to put two & two together! He has written and published articles about health & wellness and other topics on ehow.com and here on NaturalNews. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Applied Science.

I won't say anything about if wifi is dangerous or not, but that article has no scientific basis, it's only a bunch of assumptions.
The writers are also not very highly educated in the field so I would dismiss these sites, because they simply base this on nothing.

This is not science!!!

I've participated in a few science projects myself, and in those cases you usually publish a ~100 page documents with results and discussion.

Other research on wifi:
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23662649

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23438710

Conclusion

Media reports about the adverse effects of supposedly hazardous substances can increase the likelihood of experiencing symptoms following sham exposure and developing an apparent sensitivity to it. Greater engagement between journalists and scientists is required to counter these negative effects.
:)

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#3 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

The second link you linked is a scam site :)
http://www.safespace...-solutions.aspx
They try to sell al sorts of devices that removes electromagnetic radiation :)
I laugh so hard!!!

Appliances of all kinds produce toxic electromagnetic fields (EMFs) that can cause a range of health problems and side effects, especially when they’re near the body for long periods of time. Placing the SafeSpace Energy Patch near the source of power on appliances, computers, TVs and more, as well as electric outlets, will help protect you against the dangerous effects of EMFs.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

#4 Headrush69

Headrush69

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 6970M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

View Postcluthz, on 08 July 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

The second link you linked is a scam site :)
http://www.safespace...-solutions.aspx
They try to sell al sorts of devices that removes electromagnetic radiation :)
I laugh so hard!!!
Darn, so I ordered the Safe Space II for nothing! :)
System Specs: 27" iMac 12,2 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 1TB HD

Ported Games: Rollercoaster Tycoon 1, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (both with all expansion packs including UCES),
Sim Tower, Yoot Tower, Need for Speed - High Stakes, Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit 2, RCT3
Aliens Vs. Predator, Armed and Dangerous, Re-Volt, Sid Meier's Railroads, Steam:Rush

#5 hmtinc

hmtinc

Someone

• Members
  • 1315 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX 760 (2048mb)
    Intel HD 4000 (512mb)
    Nvidia geforce 9400 (264mb)
  • I like to play:Games
Author

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

We have been surrounded by radio waves for over 113 years now and we have yet to discover a major health issue that is a direct consequence of our use of radio frequencies in our environment .
Certain exposure amounts can cause minor issues , but this is usually due to a pre existing condition or improper use of a device .

Heres a article from the Telegraph  : http://www.telegraph...chers-find.html
--
HM

#6 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

of course its not dangerous sitting right beside my wifi router... why plug it in even if i'm right by it when wifi is al the cool today.  I have my aluminum foil cone cap on all the time anyways, so they can't get my brain!

In all seriousness, most studies I've looked at that try to test if EMF is harmful to people are all inconclusive... meaning they started with the premiss that it was harmful, then tried to prove it... but no one can prove its problematic so they say "inconclusive".  Workers who work on power lines day in and day out that get 100X the exposure of a WiFi network don't have any more evidence of cancer and other diseases than those who do not expose themselves like that.

#7 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Author

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

While there is no evidence that radio waves are harmful I stull plug out the WiFi over night. Even if it doesn't harm my health, it certainly won't improve it, plus I save energy that way.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

View Postcluthz, on 08 July 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

The second link you linked is a scam site :)/>
That reminds me of the time when mobile phones were becoming common and companies tried selling little gems, stickers or rubber bands that you stick to your antenna and then it supposedly changes the frequency of the waves to "positive radiation".
http://electronics.h...on-stickers.htm

Then again, at least useless stickers are just that: useless stickers. Try radioactive toothpaste or chocolate for a change (yes, this stuff was actually sold)
http://www.orau.org/.../toothpaste.htm
I love the part where is says " The cells are charged with new life energy"; that's right, scientists just discovered a new form of unexplored energy radiation and people's first reaction is to put it in their mouth.
Games I own that still need porting:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Descent 3, Fallout, Space Rangers 2

#8 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
Author

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostHiPhish, on 09 July 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

I love the part where is says " The cells are charged with new life energy"; that's right, scientists just discovered a new form of unexplored energy radiation and people's first reaction is to put it in their mouth.

Mitocondria are so outdated, we need a new power source for our cells!

#9 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

no...just no

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#10 Euphoria33

Euphoria33

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 320M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

EMFs(not merely WiFi) can pose threats to one's health.

#11 DanielLee

DanielLee

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:GEFORCE RTXâ„¢ 2080
  • Operating System:Windows

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

Wifi as an increased cancer risk

No, it isn’t. It is true that International Agency for Research on Cancer (part of the World Health Organisation) has classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields, including radiofrequency electromagnetic fields from wireless phones as ‘2b’ in its monographs on the evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans. But that’s by no means proof of danger. You see 2b is ‘possibly carcinogenic’ and as well as Wi-Fi, the category includes coffee, carpentry and pickled vegetables. Some evidence has to be present (except when insufficient evidence is accepted) but the case does not have to be proven.

The legislators themselves say that no link has been demonstrated (Le Monde reports them as having been unable to identify ‘a causal link between the biological effects described on cellular models, animals or humans and possible health effects that result.’) and there is only limited evidence (one study, unconfirmed by any others) to suggest risk even for intensive users of mobile phones.

What does this tell us about Wi-Fi? Wi-fi routers are weaker transmitters even than mobile phone masts, and users sit away from them. The level of energy produced by a Wi-Fi router is very low, far too low to be able to disrupt DNA, so there is no mechanism for it to be carcinogenic. It’s true that it’s the same frequency as microwave radiation, but it’s so low power that there isn’t even a noticeable heating effect, never mind breakdown of genetic material. The ‘hot ear’ effect that you notice after a long call comes from the battery warming up, not radiation. It’s just too weak to do anything, even if you’re sitting close to it.

It’s also true that a study in 2011found a link between mobile phone use, especially when that use started young, and a type of brain cancer. But then a meta-analysis in 2008, combining several other studies to form a larger investigation, the gold standard of medical research, found no significant link between phone radiation and the disease.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users