• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DaniHungary

DaniHungary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Hey guys!

I have a problem while trying to install swat4.... Installation started fine, but when it asks for cd 2, i unmount cd 1, and mount cd2, nothing happens.... what do I have to do to let wineskin continue installation?

#2 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel IRIS Graphics
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Try having them both mounted at the same time and then try installing the game again

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#3 DaniHungary

DaniHungary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Still not working, in the middle of installation asks for CD2, what's already mounted. :(  Thanks for the fast reply though ^_^

#4 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

Does it not ask you to select a file from the CD2? Thats what most multi-cd installers ask when I use them

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#5 DaniHungary

DaniHungary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

No, it doesnt, btw it's SWAT 4, RELOADED Release. I choose the setup.exe starts installing, and when it's done with it's part, the installer asks for CD 2, but wineskin writes that it's working, like while setup...

#6 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

If you need to use a cracked version for whatever reason then perhaps try using a 'repack', since that will probably be just 1 iso.
However, you could probably just buy the game/disc yourself and install it via wineskin as an alternative. Its an old game so it shouldnt be expensive.

Posted Image

#7 DaniHungary

DaniHungary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Alright, i'll look for a 1 cd version then, or buy it! :) Thanks for your help! :)

#8 ValkTuna

ValkTuna

Imitator, Intimidator, Stimulator, Simulator of Data, Eliminator

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationIn the deep dark depths of the earth... :P
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 320M 256MB.
  • I like to play:SMITE, LoL, and other games that catch my attention. Usually a wide range of genres.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

Sometimes Wine's autodetect for another CD doesn't work properly. Have you tried browsing to the mounted CD directory?
It could be a simple case of G:/Disk2 that's supposed to be E:/Disk2 or something.
Just a suggestion.
Posted Image
Main banner thanks to RazorPro

I don't have anything else to say, I guess.

#9 DaniHungary

DaniHungary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Doesnt really give an option to mount a file, I only have Retry, or Cancel. Both do the same, pops up the same window again. :(

#10 HiPhish

HiPhish

Champion Member

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Author

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

You might be able to tell Wine manually where the CD is. After the wrapper was created launch it, go to Advanced -> Tools -> Winecfg -> Drives and add the drives manually. Pick a different letter for each CD (e.g. E for CD 1, F for CD 2), set their type to CD (you must click Show Advanced) and set the path to "/Volumes/NameOfCD" where NameOfCD is the name that appears in the finder when you inser the CD. This will tell Wine to treat that folder like a CD in a CD drive. Then all you have to do is whitch the CD when the installer tells you to, wait until it's mounted and then continue. Alternatively yyou could copy the CD contents to your hard drive and mount the folders as CDs in Winecfg.
Games I own that still need porting:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Descent 3, Fallout, Space Rangers 2

#11 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4,279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

By default a wrapper will have an Eject command on the top drop down menu (its one of the scripts you can make to add anything to the top menu bar)... that often forces Wine to eject the disk properly and see the new one.

#12 oinkquack

oinkquack

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

I have tried to install both SWAT 4 + Expansion (2 x CD, purchased) and Escape from Monkey Island (2 x CD, purchased) and unfortunately none of the techniques suggested in these forums that I have seen have worked.
  • Installing from real CDs
  • Installing from mounted CD images (e.g. /Volumes/CD_1/)
  • Putting CD contents into folders and mounting them
  • Changing the mounting directory to /CD_1/
  • Assigning CD-ROM status and a typical CD drive letter (e:) via wine config.
The installer asks for the second CD and, while I have successfully ejected a mounted image, but not a physical CD, with the menu eject item, the installer does not recognise the change. Given that at this point in the procedure no options are available other than the installer options ("Retry" and "Cancel") it is not possible to mount a new image on the same drive letter as the initial installer image.

I have little understanding of the programmatic aspect of this, but one poster talked about the problem being paths as recognised by the Wine environment compared to the OS environment, so what we think is the equivalent of a mounted CD to the installer is in fact not.

I did find a SWAT 4 Gold installer, which shipped on DVD, but encountered a completely different issue. The installation got to a point where it required a Gecko library and I let it install it. Now, when I run the app, it opens a half rendered window with an "X" as the label and goes no further.

Anyway, I'll experiment with other methods and let you know if I find the solution.

Update

I successfully installed Escape from Monkey Island (2 x CD, purchased).

I assigned the two disc images drive letters E and F and CD-ROM status (advanced button), E being the first disc. When the second disc was requested, although the menu eject didn't work, I force ejected both images via the Apple menu and re-mounted the second disc iso. I guess this must have been assigned drive E because it continued the installation. Perhaps I was just lucky.

#13 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro Core i7 16GB
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB

MacBook Core2Duo 4GB
    nVidia 9400M 256MB
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

You could just copy all the contents of both discs into one folder and install it from your desktop.
Posted Image

#14 xdrokux

xdrokux

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris 1536 MB
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:16 PM

If you have 2 CDs, then copy each image/CD into a folder separately and name them 'a' and 'b' (for simplicity). After configuring your wine wrapper, install the game normally and select the setup file in 'a'. When the installer prompts you for the second CD, just change 'a' to 'b' and that should do. Hope it helps :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users