• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel IRIS Graphics
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Hello Forum!

I have spent the past couple of days updating most of my ports ( i still have a few to finish off ), the big difference is that now all my ports are using the one same engine - which seems to perform well with just about every game. If you want my 1.7.9 engine with the NoSync Patch (Allows unreal engine 3 games to startup in wine), let me know. As of right now, its a pretty useful wrapper, as its compatible with steam.
If i get enough requests in the forum, I guess i'll know that enough people want to use the engine - feel free to update your current ports with it, if it performs better.

I have still got to update the following games, so keep in mind that the wrappers won't work with steam until i update them:
Call of Cthulhu, Modern Warfare 3, Resident Evil 5, Dark Souls and FEAR 3

In my wrappers, i've decided to just include the SteamInstall.exe and a CustomEXE Application that allows steam to install. All wrappers have dwrite disabled, meaning there won't be any 'no text bugs'.
This method decreases the filesize of the wrapper and simply makes it easier for the user!

I'm also thinking about backing up all my ports via Dropbox, however I am only 500MB of space short. If anyone wants to help me out by signing up to Dropbox with my referral link, giving both of us an additional 500MB of storage! Keep in mind that for the referral to complete (and for us to get our additional 500MB), you will have to actually install Dropbox onto your PC and then sign in.

Here is my referral link: https://db.tt/dyvGo5kg

That's currently all I have to inform you all about!

Have a Happy new year!

Posted Image

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#2 1Leonard

1Leonard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

Wow, working hard, eh?

I'm really interested in that 1.7.9 engine with the NoSync Patch, how could I obtain it?

#3 DanIsTheMan

DanIsTheMan

Champion Member

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel IRIS Graphics

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

Here is the link to the 1.7.9 Engine with the NoSync patch I compiled.

To install it, just go to Finder, Press CMD + SHIFT + G and a folder search box will pop up.
Paste in ~/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/

Then simply go into the Engines folder and paste it into there. Next time you open Wineskin Winery, you'll be able to see the engine in the 'installed engines' section.

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

#4 pwdcrk

pwdcrk

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

when mw3 wrapper will be updated ? ( i'm actually struck with my wrapper that allow me multiplayer but not single )

#5 Isildur46

Isildur46

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Locationnew jersey
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Dead Space 2, Medieval 2 Total War

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

Hey I was just wondering if you have updated Dark Souls yet?  I want to get back in Undead Burg ASAP

#6 ericringseth

ericringseth

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

Hey Dan!

After a while of researching, I think I'm getting the hang of all the "wrapper" info. I also spent a bit of time looking for any posts on the problem I am having but haven't found anything useful.

I was wondering if you happened to have one or more fixes to the "steam is temporarily unavailable, please try later" issue when opening the SKYRIM wrapper.

If so, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

My Specs:
CPU: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB

#7 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 665 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

I resurrected this old thread because I'm curious and I have some questions:

"Where I can find the NoSync patch regarding DanisTheMan's engines?"

I've not found anything regarding "NoSync" terms in WineHQ database...

How does exactly that patch work? Does it work on VSync of direct3d or what other?

Thank in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users