Current version Wineskin-2.8.9Beta6
DISCLAIMER WINE ON MACOS DOES NOT SUPPORT DIRECTX10/DIRECTX11/DIRECTX12!
I CAN NOT SUPPORT WHAT WINE DOES NOT SUPPORT!!!!!!!
List of modifications in the Wineskin App (WineskinApp)
- The Auto-detect GPU feature should never cause malfunction in the port;
- The Auto-detect GPU feature should have a much bigger accuracy and detect the memory size of integrated video cards as well;
- The Retina Mode can be enabled from the Screen Options window;
- Kill Wineskin Processes should kill ALL Wineskin processes.
- Images (not .icns files) should also be accepted has wrapper icons;
- LNK files should be able to be selected as a port's run path, so Wineskin can extract the path and flags from it;
- Winetricks installation can be silent (with no windows) so it's much faster;
- Disables X11 option if XQuartz is not installed.
- The first Advanced tab (Configuration) should be much more simple in the first section:
- The Windows EXE should use Wineskin syntax, including the drive and the flags, (eg. "C:/Program Files/temp.exe" --run) instead of using a macOS reference path (eg. /Program Files/temp.exe) and the flag apart (eg. --run).
- Advanced Tab "Disabled Gecko installation" checkbox (allows install to be enabled for "Wrapper Refresh" )
- Able to detect XQuartz installed via macports
- Integrated fntoggle directly into Wineskin.app, now you can have Standard F keys during wrapper usage.
- Wine versions not compatible with "mac driver" will have that option disabled.
- Fixed a long standing bug from official Wineskin "Command Line Wine Test" now works as intended.
- Ability to map Command as Ctrl (wine 3.17 and above)
- Ability to map Option as Alt (wine 1.7.4 and above)
- No longer alters "EXE Flags" meaning if you require a "/" it's no longer changed to a "\"
List of modifications for the Master Wrapper (WineskinLauncher)
- Many fixes when dealing with newest engines.
- Closes XQuartz on exit if used.
- Mono is never installed.
- Able to use XQuartz installed via macports
- fntoggle will be set on launch and unset on wrapper exit. (If enabled from wineskin.app)
- gnuTLS included so supported engines can use it, aka using WineCX17.5.1 Steam will download again.
- Added ffmpeg
- Now adds ntlm_auth on Engine change
- Now checks /opt/Wineskin/lib" for dylib's
- Added a fixed version of NCurses without this the fixed "Command Line Wine Test" will give terminal errors
- Functional Gnutls support on OSX10.9!
- Bundle ID is now generated from wineserverName instead of wineName
- Added a missing symlink for the Frameworks version of Gnutls
List of modifications in the Winery App
- Improved - Engine Ordering.
- Connects to custom WineskinServer.
- Downloads engines hosted on WineskinServer.
- Directly download current "Unofficial Master Wrapper Version"
- "Update" feature will display when new "unofficial Wineskin Winery.app" version is available
- Wine versions that Require XQuartz to function are hidden by default.
- Able to read from a local EngineList.txt (in the same folder as Winery.app)
- Download and repack Engines from winehq
- Rebuild using Xcode10, now supports “Dark Mode” when using Mojave
- Correctly downloads engines again on OSX10.8
Unofficial Wineskin Winery.app
Using the above just download then run, directly download the current master wrapper
Don't use keka to unpack as it currently breaks any downloaded applications after unpacking!
About Local EngineList.txt feature;
This feature was added so winery.app can read a local EngineList.txt file, create a text file with that name in the save directory as winery.app this will now override the copy hosted on GitHub , follow the correct Wineskin engine naming style to download Wine to be repacked into Engines.
Please make sure to clear out your users /tmp folder if you have any issues creating wrappers.
Now works with "Porting Kit!!!!!"
Within PortingKit preferences check the box listed “Use unofficial wrapper”
Now PortingKit will use the this master wrapper, meaning it’s possible to use WS10 and 64Bit Engines.
A Very Special Thanks to;
doh123 - For creating Wineskin
VitorMM - For the modernized code base along with all the included features!
NRG & dankoB - For Testing the initial releases