Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Porter

Port Information

  • Submitted: Dec 05 2012 04:16 PM
  • Last Updated: Jul 20 2013 10:03 AM
  • Views: 291535
  • Downloads: 17,497
  • Approved by: thanoulas
  • Approved on: 09 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility

  • Wrapper Type: Wineskin
  • Wine Version: Wineskin 2.5.10 Wine 1.5.31
  • ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
  • NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
  • Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
  • Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)

Wrapper Type Info

Note:
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!

Wineskin:   10.610.710.810.9
Cider:          10.610.710.810.9
CXZ/CXEx:  10.610.710.810.9

What is WINE & what is a Wrapper?

Video Card Info

 GREY          = not tested
 GREEN        = fully playable
 YELLOW     = playable with minor glitches
 ORANGE     = playable with some effort
 RED             = severe glitches / unplayable

Download Wrapper Dota 2 1.8 BETA

* * * * * 159 Votes Please vote for the Quality of this Port / Wrapper, not for the Game or Application!




Screenshots

Valve has released their official Mac client of Dota 2 on Steam already.


The download(s) for my port are still up though.



All information on the port:
Spoiler

It was a great journey working on the port but now, it is not needed anymore.

I would like to thank everybody that helped with bugs and problems!!

Also, thank you for voting and supporting because this port is now the Highest Rated port on the PortingTeam.com!!


What's New in Version 1.8 BETA (See full changelog)

  • High Shadows and Textures fixed
  • Minimap fixed
  • All graphical glitches fixed




he wroted the fix, but i cant find the right path
Hey there, I have no trouble with Steam or installs at all. However, when I launch the game, all I get is a big white screen with black sidebars and an oversized cursor (around 10 times normal size). I hear the Valve sound when you usually see the Valve logo, but nothing after that. I have an ATI Radeon HD 2600 (my Mac is rather old, 2008 model) and I'm running 10.6.8, perhaps that has something to do with it?

EDIT: After restarting it for a few times, it actually went past the white screen. The problem now is, however, that the options are invisible (I can click the cog icon but it's just one big red screen) and so are all the buttons at the top (Play, Learn, Community, etc). The Learn and Community buttons appear as you hover over them. After finding the Play button blindly, I can see the three buttons at the side for matchmaking and a gigantic red screen and nothing else. The top one is empty (for PvP matches, I reckon), then there's two below. One for a bot match, one for a team matches. Currently, it's unplayable due to these graphical issues. I'll root around in Wine to see what I can do.

EDIT 2: I turned on the Win7 setting and disabled the glsl shaders (I think they're called that?) in Winetricks. My graphical glitches disappeared. The problem now is that when I try to enter a game, it crashes and I get the error "Engine Error: failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer". Apparently that means my paged pool memory is full. I have the latest drivers as far as I'm concerned, so I assume it has to do with the fact Dota is running via Wine, rather than through my computer itself.

Xivsari, on 06 December 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Hey there, I have no trouble with Steam or installs at all. However, when I launch the game, all I get is a big white screen with black sidebars and an oversized cursor (around 10 times normal size). I hear the Valve sound when you usually see the Valve logo, but nothing after that. I have an ATI Radeon HD 2600 (my Mac is rather old, 2008 model) and I'm running 10.6.8, perhaps that has something to do with it? EDIT: After restarting it for a few times, it actually went past the white screen. The problem now is, however, that the options are invisible (I can click the cog icon but it's just one big red screen) and so are all the buttons at the top (Play, Learn, Community, etc). The Learn and Community buttons appear as you hover over them. After finding the Play button blindly, I can see the three buttons at the side for matchmaking and a gigantic red screen and nothing else. The top one is empty (for PvP matches, I reckon), then there's two below. One for a bot match, one for a team matches. Currently, it's unplayable due to these graphical issues. I'll root around in Wine to see what I can do. EDIT 2: I turned on the Win7 setting and disabled the glsl shaders (I think they're called that?) in Winetricks. My graphical glitches disappeared. The problem now is that when I try to enter a game, it crashes and I get the error "Engine Error: failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer". Apparently that means my paged pool memory is full. I have the latest drivers as far as I'm concerned, so I assume it has to do with the fact Dota is running via Wine, rather than through my computer itself.

For your last problem, try putting Shadows in the video settings to Medium. I get that error when its on high.
Lol, not fun trying to guess and check with option is the prob XD

Edit : Textures must be medium too.

vlysergin, on 06 December 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

can u tell me, where's the dota2 in steam hiding and where i have to put it.... i cant find the files.

The files aren't inside. Would u like me to upload Dota 2 in the wrapper fixing your problem? But it'll take awhile to download, it'll be like 5 GB

Edit: I think there was an update for Dota 2, now you can install it.

HyperTsuna, on 07 December 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

For your last problem, try putting Shadows in the video settings to Medium. I get that error when its on high.
Lol, not fun trying to guess and check with option is the prob XD

Edit : Textures must be medium too.

I am getting the problem with "failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer" too, i've tried altering the winetricks, and a few launch options but Dota2 won't load a game. Hopefully someone can find a fix to this!

chaoswu, on 07 December 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

I am getting the problem with "failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer" too, i've tried altering the winetricks, and a few launch options but Dota2 won't load a game. Hopefully someone can find a fix to this!

As i said all i did to fix myself was change Shadows and Textures to Medium. Nothing with the wrapper.

HyperTsuna, on 07 December 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

As i said all i did to fix myself was change Shadows and Textures to Medium. Nothing with the wrapper.

Yeah, I did that, but then I thought again and changed it to window screen to see if it had any impact on the game, and the game worked. Not sure what the problem is.
As it turns out, my 'standard' settings for Shadows and Textures were already Low. I tried putting them on Medium, same effect. I tried it with Fullscreen, Windowed and Borderless Windowed. I, too, am not sure what the problem is. Tried re-installing, tried adding DX9 and 10 Winetricks and a couple of different launch options. No matter what I try, it keeps giving me the same error. I can access everything inside Dota, apart from entering a server, which defeats the whole point.
So its different for everyone. Works for some and doesn't for some. Wineskin is sometimes like that anyways.
Indeed it is, sadly. If only things were more consistent... I'll keep tinkering with it and see what happens. Will report back if I get some promising results. Thanks anyway, couldn't even get past the white screen when I tried making my own Wrapper for it. ^_^

HyperTsuna, on 07 December 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

The files aren't inside. Would u like me to upload Dota 2 in the wrapper fixing your problem? But it'll take awhile to download, it'll be like 5 GB

Edit: I think there was an update for Dota 2, now you can install it.
No man thks... it will be easier to just redownload it through wrapper ;)
I am having a problem. Every time i try to download and update it keeps giving me this error message:

"An error occurred while updating Dota 2 (not enough disk space)"

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Edit: i have at least 812 GB memory. i don't understand why it would display that error.

killzone990, on 07 December 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

I am having a problem. Every time i try to download and update it keeps giving me this error message: "An error occurred while updating Dota 2 (not enough disk space)" Does anyone know the solution to this problem? Edit: i have at least 812 GB memory. i don't understand why it would display that error.

Memory and disk space is different.

HyperTsuna, on 08 December 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

Memory and disk space is different.
Ok but i still don't understand exactly how to fix the problem. it was downloading but then it stops and gives me the error every time i try. Do you know the solution to this?
... Delete stuff from you computer?



18 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

2 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users


Google, ssk62, ben6073