- Submitted: Mar 10 2013 04:26 PM
- Last Updated: May 08 2013 02:33 PM
- Views: 139436
- Downloads: 9408
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: 1.5.27
- ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Sorry, Links Dead Dark Souls: Prepare to Die! Edition 2.0
If this port works well for you, please give this port a rating! Thank you!
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use 7zX to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
In the founding of the universe, the Earth was unformed, covered in crags, and dragons held sole dominion over the world. However, The Lords of Fire along with the human race eventually came into existence for reasons long lost to time. From the Dark, which gained meaning in contrast to Light from the newly kindled flame, emerged four powerful entitiesâ€”Nito, the first of the dead; the Witch of Izalith and her daughters of chaos; Gwyn, the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights; and the furtive pygmy, so easily forgottenâ€”who harnessed the Souls of Lords to combat the dragons, eventually overthrowing them and launching humanity and its new lordly gods into a golden era known as the Age of Fire. Many years later, however, the flames supporting the Age of Fire are fading. Along with this, humans become afflicted by a mysterious mark known as the Darksign, which brands them as nigh-immortal but decrepit-looking beings known as "Undead." Some Undead become insanely violent and are referred to as "Hollow."
Game runs fine on maximum settings, use DSFixNonSteam or DSFixSteam to change your DSFix settings to whatever you want!
To manually enter windowed mode, while in game, Press CMD + ENTER
UPDATE 1: Wrapper engine has been changed to 1.5.26, this means better performance on ALL graphics cards!!
UPDATE 2: Wrapper engine has been changed again to 1.5.27, DXFix UI has been fixed aswell as Mono.
A new default DSFix.ini has been given for low settings!
- Skip intro feature doesn't work too well, only skips one intro video
- Force 60fps feature in DSFix causes game to crash, don't use this feature for now!
- Setting resolution via DSFix doesnt seem to work but changing resolution in-game is fine
- FXAA and SMAA don't seem to work too great, still trying to find out a solution.
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
- Video: 2GB MSI GTX 670 OC Edition
- Disk Space: 8GB
- DSFix known issues are above, in red text
- When selecting options in DSFix UI, Use your mous to select the box you wish to change, then use your keyboard ARROW KEYS to select the option you want (e.g. LOW FXAA) and press enter. For some reason, using mouse to select settings drop-down settings doesn't seem to work.
- The game must be played in forced fullscreen wineskin screen options. If set to 'Auto', the game will start in windowed mode and NOT fullscreen mode.
- Game will also be launched in windowed mode when launching the game via the DSFix app.
- I have included a PC Keyboard mod for Dark Souls as the original game was ported badly and thus it used XBox buttons instead of keyboard keys by default.
- -Right click the wrapper, show package contents and open wineskin.app. Also, double click the Unzip-This.zip file and it will give you a folder named DSFileS. We'll use that later.
- Click on advanced, tools, winetricks, click the 'apps' tab and select 'Steam'. THEN click run!
- Let steam install.
- Once its installed, go into wineskin.app within the wrapper, next to the steam launcher, and click on advanced.
- Change the 'Windows EXE' line to: /Program Files/Steam/steam.exe and then exit wineskin.app.
- Last (most important) step is go go into the contents of your wrapper again, go to: drive_c ----> Program Files ----> Steam ----> SteamApps ---> Common ---> Dark Souls Prepare to die edition ---> DATA and paste the contents of the DSFiles folder intro the DATA folder so that you replace a bunch of files!
- Finally, run the wrapper, steam will launch, sign in to your steam account and download Dark Souls. Once its downloaded, click play!
For 'non steam users':
Please note that I do not (in any way) promote piracy and that I highly recommend you PURCHASE the games that you want to play!
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and launch wineskin.app, then select install new software. Also, double click the Unzip-This.zip file and it will give you a folder named DSFileS. We'll use that later.
- Locate the setup.exe file (that is within the .iso you probably downloaded, if you download an ISO, double click it to mount it!) and install the PC files by going through the setup.
- -- Don't bother installing directx and vcrun if it asks you too. --
- Then, go back into the contents of the wrapper, go to: drive_c ----> Program Files ----> Dark Souls prepare to die edition (make sure your Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition folder is named EXACTLY this) then go into the DATA folder, inside the dark souls folder and paste/drag over the contents of the DSFiles in which you unzipped already.
What's New in Version 2.0 (See full changelog)
- - Changed engine to 1.5.27, wrapper is now using WineMac driver which increases performance
- - Mono & DSFix UI Fixed
- - DSFix.ini default file changed for low settings