- Submitted: Apr 06 2013 03:06 PM
- Last Updated: Dec 30 2013 09:36 PM
- Views: 16338
- Downloads: 1,489
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: 1.7.9 With NoSync Patch
- ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper Crysis [UPDATED 2014]
The player controls a Delta Force soldier codenamed Nomad. The player's weapons can be customized without pausing the flow of time, for example changing firing modes, changing scopes or adding sound suppressors. The player is also capable of selecting various modes in Nomad's military "Nanosuit" which draw power from the suit's energy. When the suit's energy is depleted, no modes can be used and the player is more vulnerable to damage before the suit recharges. One of four modes can be selected: Armor deflects damage and recharges the suit's energy faster; Strength allows stronger hand-to-hand combat, the ability to throw objects and enemies with deadly force, higher jumps, steadier aiming and reduced weapon recoil; Speed increases running and swimming speed, as well as other forms of motion such as reloading weapons; and Cloak, which renders Nomad almost completely invisible and suppresses movement noise.
If this port works well for you, please give it a rating!
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use 7zX to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
- Engine patched with a Crysis Memory fix!
- Rapid boost in performance (on my NVIDIA GPU) whilst using the WineMac driver that has been updated in the new 1.5.27 engine.
- I haven't encountered any freezing issues or serious lag, some frame drops due to running the game on High (currently maximum in wine) settings, 8x AA and in 1080p!
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
- Video: 2GB MSI GTX 670 OC Edition
- Disk Space: 12GB
- This is a very demanding game, so it may lag depending on your hardware. For myself, performance is a high improvement from the cider port of crysis.
- No other issues.
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and open wineskin.app.
- Click on advanced, tools, winetricks, click the 'apps' tab and select 'Steam'. THEN click run!
- Let steam install.
- Once its installed, go into wineskin.app within the wrapper, next to the steam launcher, and click on advanced.
- Change the 'Windows EXE' line to: /Program Files/Steam/steam.exe and then exit wineskin.app.
- Finally, run the wrapper, steam will launch, sign in to your steam account and download Crysis. Once its downloaded, click play!
For 'non steam users':
Please note that I do not (in any way) promote piracy and that I highly recommend you PURCHASE the games that you want to play!
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and launch wineskin.app, then select install new software.
- Locate the setup.exe file (that is within the .ISO you probably downloaded, if you download a .ISO file, double click it to mount it!) and install the PC files by going through the setup.
- -- Don't bother installing directx and vcrun if it asks you too. --
- Then, go back into the contents of the wrapper, go to: drive_c ----> Program Files ----> Crytek ---> Crysis (make sure your Crytek and Crysis folders are named EXACTLY this) then drag/paste in the appropriate NoCD crack that works with the version of Crysis you have downloaded.
FOR STEAM USERS WHO GET NO TEXT STEAM BUG:
heres a quick video i made on what to do: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pBQZna3OBoM
- install steam via steam.msi (which you download from store.steampowered.com
- Go into advanced in wineskin and click browse. Find steam.exe inside the /Program Files/Steam/
- Run it to see if you get the no text bug
- Go into wineskin again, advanced, tools, Config Utility, add application, find steam.exe
- Go into the Libraries tab and type *dwrite and press enter
- Click the edit button and select 'disabled' and then click Apply and Ok.
- Launch the wrapper and the no text bug should be fixed.
If it still doesnt work then you have applied the NoCD crack wrong (or havent at all) OR your folders are incorrectly named.
If so then :
- go into wineskin.app within the wrapper and click on advanced.
- Click 'Browse', go into program files and search for your crysis folder and then select 'Crysis.exe' (which should basically be inside "/Crysis/Bin32/") and then exit wineskin.app. (the crysis folder may be inside another Crytek folder in program files).
PLEASE Report back on how this wrapper works on different GPUs such as Intel HD, AMD and even Nvidia! All feedback is greatly appreciated. (AMD and HD GPUs are currently untested)
13 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users