- Submitted: Apr 07 2013 11:49 AM
- Last Updated: Dec 30 2013 09:34 PM
- Views: 25316
- Downloads: 1630
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: 1.7.9 With NoSync Patch
- ATI / AMD: RED (severe bugs / unplayable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: RED (severe bugs / unplayable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper Metro 2033 [UPDATED 2014]
As a first-person shooter, Metro 2033 features a variety of firearms, some fictional and some based on real weapons, which the player will use in combat. Combat alternates between the player fighting mutants and the player fighting hostile humans. Mutants do not possess weapons and tend to physically attack the player in swarms, while humans fight with the same firearms available to the player. The game features recharging health rather than a traditional health pointssystemâ€”if the player avoids taking damage for a period, health will slowly recharge, however, the player can speed up this process by using a stim from a medkit, which will almost instantly heal the player to full health. When the player is severely injured, it may take over twenty seconds to return to full health.
In the post-apocalyptic environment, ammunition is a rare and essential commodity. Pre-apocalypse military-grade ammunition is used as currency; to avoid "shooting money," the player can also use lower quality bullets made within the Metros. Due to the scarcity of ammunition, a crucial aspect of gameplay is scavenging. The player can loot corpses and the environment for spare ammunition, as well as weapons and items. The military-grade ammo can be used to purchase other ammunition, weapons, and items within most of the Metro stations.
If this port works well for you, please give it a rating!
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use 7zX to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
- Rapid boost in performance (on my NVIDIA GPU) whilst using the WineMac driver that has been updated in the new 1.5.26 engine.
- I haven't encountered any freezing issues or serious lag, some frame drops due to running the game on VERY High settings in 1080p!
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
- Video: 2GB MSI GTX 670 OC Edition
- Disk Space: 12GB
- Occasional lighting bug, lights may only appear after a certain distances
- Into video seems to freeze but the game still loads afterwards. You can apply a No Intro fix, if needed.
- Main menu may lag a little at first, depending on what graphics settings you have selected.
- ON MY INTEL IRIS GRAPHICS CARD I get severe graphical corruption making the game unplayable.
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and open wineskin.app.
- Click on advanced, tools, winetricks, click the 'apps' tab and select 'Steam'. THEN click run!
- Let steam install.
- Once its installed, go into wineskin.app within the wrapper, next to the steam launcher, and click on advanced.
- Change the 'Windows EXE' line to: /Program Files/Steam/steam.exe and then exit wineskin.app.
- Finally, run the wrapper, steam will launch, sign in to your steam account and download Metro 2033. Once its downloaded, click play!
For 'non steam users':
Please note that I do not (in any way) promote piracy and that I highly recommend you PURCHASE the games that you want to play!
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and launch wineskin.app, then select install new software.
- Locate the setup.exe file (that is within the .ISO you probably downloaded, if you download a .ISO file, double click it to mount it!) and install the PC files by going through the setup.
- -- Don't bother installing directx and vcrun if it asks you too. --
- Then, go back into the contents of the wrapper, go to: drive_c ----> Program Files ----> Metro 2033 (make sure your Metro 2033 folder is named EXACTLY this) then drag/paste in the appropriate NoCD crack that works with the version of Metro 2033 you have downloaded.
FOR STEAM USERS WHO GET NO TEXT STEAM BUG:
heres a quick video i made on what to do: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pBQZna3OBoM
- install steam via steam.msi (which you download from store.steampowered.com
- Go into advanced in wineskin and click browse. Find steam.exe inside the /Program Files/Steam/
- Run it to see if you get the no text bug
- Go into wineskin again, advanced, tools, Config Utility, add application, find steam.exe
- Go into the Libraries tab and type *dwrite and press enter
- Click the edit button and select 'disabled' and then click Apply and Ok.
- Launch the wrapper and the no text bug should be fixed.
If it still doesnt work then you have applied the NoCD crack wrong (or havent at all) OR your folders are incorrectly named.
If so then :
- go into wineskin.app within the wrapper and click on advanced.
- Click 'Browse', go into program files and search for your Metro 2033 folder and then select 'metro2033.exe' (which should basically be inside "/Crysis/Bin32/") and then exit wineskin.app. (the metro 2033 folder may be inside another folder in program files).
PLEASE Report back on how this wrapper works on different GPUs such as Intel HD, AMD and even Nvidia! All feedback is greatly appreciated. (AMD and HD GPUs are currently untested)
11 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users