- Submitted: Apr 09 2013 12:00 AM
- Last Updated: Dec 30 2013 09:31 PM
- Views: 13384
- Downloads: 399
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: 1.7.9 With NoSync Patch
- ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City [UPDATED 2014]
It is part of the Resident Evil series, being set around the same time as Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and featuring the characters from these two games, though it is a non-canon hypothetical scenario. The game follows a group of elite paramilitary mercenaries for the Umbrella Corporation during the zombie outbreak in Raccoon City.
The game was met with a mixed and often negative critical reception, but became a commercial success nevertheless, selling more than 2 million units.
If this port works well for you, please give it a rating!
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use 7zX to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
- Rapid boost in performance (on my NVIDIA GPU) whilst using the WineMac driver that has been updated in the new 1.5.27 engine.
- I haven't encountered any freezing issues or serious lag, some rare frame drops due to running the game on MAXIMUM settings in 1080p!
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
- Video: 2GB MSI GTX 670 OC Edition
- Disk Space: 12GB
- Depending on your hardware and graphics settings, you may experience occasional frame drops during gameplay
- GFWL MUST be disabled through using the xlive.dll provided
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and open wineskin.app.
- Click on advanced, tools, winetricks, click the 'apps' tab and select 'Steam'. THEN click run! (if this fails, download steam.msi from store.steampowered.com and install it through wineskin)
- Let steam install.
- Once its installed, go into wineskin.app within the wrapper, next to the steam launcher, and click on advanced.
- Change the 'Windows EXE' line to: /Program Files/Steam/steam.exe and then exit wineskin.app.
- Place the xlive.dll (in the contents of the wrapper, highlighted in yellow) into your resident evil folder (program files/steam/steamapps/common/resident evil operation raccoon city), where RaccoonCity.exe is located. If it asks you to replace the xlive.dll, click ok/yes.
- Finally, run the wrapper, steam will launch, sign in to your steam account and download Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Once its downloaded, click play!
For 'non steam users':
Please note that I do not (in any way) promote piracy and that I highly recommend you PURCHASE the games that you want to play!
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and launch wineskin.app, then select install new software.
- Locate the setup.exe file (that is within the .ISO you probably downloaded, if you download a .ISO file, double click it to mount it!) and install the PC files by going through the setup.
- -- Don't bother installing directx and vcrun if it asks you too. --
- Then, go back into the contents of the wrapper, go to: drive_c ----> Program Files ----> Capcom ---> Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (make sure your Capcom & Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City folders are named EXACTLY this) then drag/paste in the appropriate NoCD crack that works with the version of Resident Evil: ORC you have downloaded.
- Place the xlive.dll (in the contents of the wrapper, highlighted in yellow) into your resident evil folder, where RaccoonCity.exe is located. If it asks you to replace the xlive.dll, click ok/yes.
FOR STEAM USERS WHO GET NO TEXT STEAM BUG:
heres a quick video i made on what to do: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pBQZna3OBoM
- install steam via steam.msi (which you download from store.steampowered.com
- Go into advanced in wineskin and click browse. Find steam.exe inside the /Program Files/Steam/
- Run it to see if you get the no text bug
- Go into wineskin again, advanced, tools, Config Utility, add application, find steam.exe
- Go into the Libraries tab and type *dwrite and press enter
- Click the edit button and select 'disabled' and then click Apply and Ok.
- Launch the wrapper and the no text bug should be fixed.
If it still doesnt work then you have applied the NoCD crack wrong (or havent at all) OR your folders are incorrectly named.
If so then :
- go into wineskin.app within the wrapper and click on advanced.
- Click 'Browse', go into program files and search for your Resident Evil Operation Raccon City folder and then select 'RaccoonCity.exe' (which should basically be inside the resident evil folder) and then exit wineskin.app. (the resident evil orc folder may be inside another folder (such as 'capcom' in program files).
PLEASE Report back on how this wrapper works on different GPUs such as Intel HD, AMD and even Nvidia! All feedback is greatly appreciated. (AMD and HD GPUs are currently untested)
19 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users