- Submitted: Apr 23 2013 07:01 PM
- Last Updated: Dec 30 2013 09:28 PM
- Views: 25615
- Downloads: 1572
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: 1.7.9 With NoSync Patch
- ATI / AMD: GREY (not tested)
- NVIDIA: YELLOW (playable w/ glitches)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREY (not tested)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download WIP Port ARMA 2 [UPDATED 2014] 1.0
This port is currently work in progress due to frequent wine crashes when running this game through wineskin wrappers.
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use 7zX to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
Game seems to start fine, menu is fine, yet the performance in-game is low and and there are a few draw/shadow issues.
this wrapper also works with Operation Arrowhead
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
- Video: 2GB MSI GTX 670 OC Edition
- Disk Space: 8GB
- Game sometimes closes after changing certain graphic settings, when you launch it again your desired settings will be applied.
- In-game performance is low/laggy (even on my GTX 670 which is a gaming GPU)
- There are some draw/shadow issues even with strictdraworder=enabled
- -Right click the wrapper, show package contents and open wineskin.app.
- Click on advanced, tools, winetricks, click the 'apps' tab and select 'Steam'. THEN click run!
- Let steam install.
- Once its installed, go into wineskin.app within the wrapper, next to the steam launcher, and click on advanced.
- Change the 'Windows EXE' line to: /Program Files/Steam/steam.exe and then exit wineskin.app.
- Finally, run the wrapper, steam will launch, sign in to your steam account and download arma 2. Once its downloaded, click play!
For 'non steam users':
Please note that I do not (in any way) promote piracy and that I highly recommend you PURCHASE the games that you want to play!
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and launch wineskin.app, then select install new software.
- Locate the setup.exe file (that is within the .iso you probably downloaded, if you download an ISO, double click it to mount it!) and install the PC files by going through the setup.
- -- Don't bother installing directx and vcrun if it asks you too. --
- Then, go back into the contents of the wrapper, go to: drive_c ----> Program Files ----> arma 2 and paste a NoCD crack into the arma 2 folder. It should ask you to replace some files. When it does, click 'ok'.
What's New in Version 1.0 (See full changelog)
- - Updated to the latest 1.7.9 engien which now supports steam again (2014)
7 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users