- Submitted: May 09 2013 09:40 PM
- Last Updated: Dec 30 2013 09:23 PM
- Views: 84900
- Downloads: 8986
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: 1.7.9 With NoSync Patch
- ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper Far Cry 3 [UPDATED 2014]
Please check that your macbook passes the minimum PC requirements for running this game before downloading!
If this port works well, please leave a rating!
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use 7zX to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
- Made a new wrapper as a better alternative to the existing one, uploaded by blinxfrost.
- Spent some time troubleshooting the issues causing random wine crashes.
- Performance is still kind of low, due to poor direct3d implimentation within the wrapper.
- Have a look at some questions I thought you guys might want answered in the spoiler below:
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
- Video: 2GB MSI GTX 670 OC Edition
- Samsung 840 120GB SSD
- IF YOU ARE AN AMD USER THAT USES OSX Lion 10.7.5: You will probably (most likely) experience severe lag. Please try and upgrade to 10.8.3 since wine does not function well with AMD GPUs and 10.7.5...
- Game will crash during when graphics settings are set too high, medium settings are best to run the game without crashing at the loading screen.
- -Right click the wrapper, show package contents and open wineskin.app.
- Click on advanced, tools, winetricks, click the 'apps' tab and select 'Steam'. THEN click run! (if this fails, install steam.msi (that you can download from the steam website) into the wrapper).
- Let steam install.
- Once its installed, go into wineskin.app within the wrapper, next to the steam launcher, and click on advanced.
- Change the 'Windows EXE' line to: /Program Files/Steam/steam.exe and then exit wineskin.app.
- Finally, run the wrapper, steam will launch, sign in to your steam account and download Far Cry 3. Once its downloaded, click play!
For 'non steam users':
Please note that I do not (in any way) promote piracy and that I highly recommend you PURCHASE the games that you want to play!
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and launch wineskin.app, then select install new software.
- Locate the setup.exe file (that is within the .iso you probably downloaded, if you download an ISO, double click it to mount it!) and install the PC files by going through the setup.
- -- Don't bother installing directx and vcrun if it asks you too. --
- Then, go back into the contents of the wrapper, go to: drive_c ----> Program Files ---->Far Cry 3 and paste a NoCD crack into the far cry 3 folder. It should ask you to replace some files. When it does, click 'ok'.
11 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
1 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users