- Submitted: Aug 02 2013 09:21 PM
- Last Updated: Dec 30 2013 09:16 PM
- Views: 7079
- Downloads: 125
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: 1.7.9 With NoSync Patch
- ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREY (not tested)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper Rise of the Triad [UPDATED 2014]
Please check that your macbook passes the minimum PC requirements for running this game before downloading!
PLEASE Read the known issues. If you are considering buying this game on steam only to use with this wrapper, please consider the fact that the game is poorly optimized even on Windows, I suggest for best performance that you should still play on a windows operating system.
If this port works well, please leave a rating!
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use 7zX to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
- IF YOU ARE AN AMD USER THAT USES OSX Lion 10.7.5: You will probably (most likely) experience severe lag. Please try and upgrade to 10.8.3 since wine does not function well with AMD GPUs and 10.7.5..
- Game runs... but at low performance in most areas.
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
- Video: 2GB MSI GTX 670 OC Edition
- SSD: Samsung 840 120GB
IMPORTANT: Game has low performance as strictdrawordering is enabled... resulting in low FPS in quite a lot of areas. I strongly recommend if you want to play this game without lag, install bootcamp or parallels.
- When loading a map, the loading screen and music may freeze for around 10-20 seconds. Wait and it will resolve itself.
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and Steam Setup
- Let steam install.
- Once its installed, go into wineskin.app within the wrapper, next to the steam setup launcher, and click on advanced.
- Change the 'Windows EXE' line to: /Program Files/Steam/steam.exe and then exit wineskin.app.
- Finally, run the wrapper, steam will launch, sign in to your steam account and download Rise of the Triad. Once its downloaded, click play!
Now, whenever you launch the wrapper, it will sign into steam and allow you to launch your game via your 'Steam Game Library'.
For 'non steam users':
Please note that I do not (in any way) promote piracy and that I highly recommend you PURCHASE the games that you want to play!
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and launch wineskin.app, then select install new software.
- Locate the setup.exe file (that is within the .ISO you probably downloaded, if you download a .ISO file, double click it to mount it!) and install the PC files by going through the setup.
- -- Don't bother installing directx and vcrun if it asks you too. --
- Then, go back into the contents of the wrapper, go to: drive_c ----> Program Files ----> Rise of the Triads (make sure your Rise of the Triad folder is named EXACTLY this) then drag/paste in the appropriate NoCD crack that works with the version of the game you have downloaded.
The last step is to launch the wrapper!
Please post some feedback on how this runs on your graphics card! Information on all cards would be great!
7 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users