- Submitted: Aug 18 2013 02:40 PM
- Last Updated: Aug 18 2013 06:57 PM
- Views: 23089
- Downloads: 2004
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: Patched 1.7X Engine
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download this App Origin (Windows Client) 1.0
If this port works well, please leave a rating!
THIS WRAPPER SHOULD NOT BE USED TO LAUNCH ORIGIN GAMES, ONLY TO DOWNLOAD THEM!
ONCE YOU DOWNLOAD THE GAME THROUGH ORIGIN, YOU MUST FIND THE GAME FOLDER, ADD A NOCD CRACK AND PUT THE GAME FOLDER IN A SPECIFIC WRAPPER MADE FOR THE GAME.
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use 7zX to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
- IF YOU ARE AN AMD USER THAT USES OSX Lion 10.7.5: You will probably (most likely) experience severe lag. Please try and upgrade to 10.8.3 since wine does not function well with AMD GPUs and 10.7.5..
Since Origin's launch, the service has received criticism over EA's practice of suspending or deleting accounts for disputed infractions, suspected monitoring of users' computer activity. Origin users are identified by their unified Origin account, which supersedes an EA account and may be canceled if left unused after 24 months if there are not any premium games on it.[dubious â€“ discuss] According to EA, as of February 2012, Origin has been installed by 9.3 million users.
- I decided to make a wrapper allowing people to download PC Games from Origin's PC Client, through WINE, since there was a recent Humble 'Origin' Bundle that not many Mac OSX users could take advantage of.
To view the humble Origin bunlde while it lasts, CLICK HERE.
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
- Video: 2GB MSI GTX 670 OC Edition
- SSD: Samsung 840 120GB
- None so far!
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and 'Install Origin' highlighted in Orange.
- Let Origin install - Be sure to install Origin in C:/Program Files/Origin/ shown below, it should be the DEFAULT install location!
- *****AN INTERNET CONNECTION IS REQUIRED FOR ORIGIN TO UPDATE*****
- Don't select 'Restart windows' until the entire install process is finished!
- Once its installed, launch the wrapper!
- You will then see the origin login window, Simply enter your account details and login! Or if you haven't got an account yet, simply create it!
Now, whenever you launch the wrapper, it will sign into Origin and allow you to INSTALL your game via your 'My Games' tab
If you need access to ANY of the game files you have installed through origin, you can find them in "drive_c/Program Files/Origin Games/"
4 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users