- Submitted: Sep 05 2013 12:48 PM
- Last Updated: Dec 30 2013 09:02 PM
- Views: 107674
- Downloads: 9324
Wrapper Type & Video Card Compatibility
- Wrapper Type: Wineskin
- Wine Version: 1.7.9 With NoSync patch
- ATI / AMD: GREEN (fully playable)
- NVIDIA: GREEN (fully playable)
- Intel GMA: GREY (not tested)
- Intel HD: GREEN (fully playable)
Wrapper Type Info
Wrappers have different Mac OS X compatibility!
Video Card Info
GREEN = fully playable
YELLOW = playable with minor glitches
ORANGE = playable with some effort
RED = severe glitches / unplayable
Download Wrapper Outlast [UPDATED 2014]
Please check that your Macbook/iMac/Mac Mini/Mac Pro passes the minimum PC requirements for running this game before downloading.
IF You get weird 'white textures', try setting Effects to "Very Low" in the graphics menu.
IF You incounter any crashes, try installing the newest updates avalable for outlast (e.g. Updates 3 and 4, you can find them through google).
THIS IS NOT THE FULL GAME, IT IS ONLY A WINESKIN WRAPPER. If you wish to play Outlast, I firmly suggest you BUY it from the Steam Store. If you are unable to do so then save some money for it or obtain it another way at your own risk.
If this port works well, please leave a rating!
- Chrome or Firefox must be used to correctly download from Mega.co.nz!
- Use 7zX to extract the .dmg file. Open the DMG and drag the wrapper to your desktop.
- If you are new to porting/using wrappers, please visit this page: http://portingteam.c...-downloaded-it/
- IF YOU ARE AN AMD USER THAT USES OSX Lion 10.7.5: You will probably (most likely) experience severe lag. Please try and upgrade to 10.8.3 since wine does not function well with AMD GPUs and 10.7.5..
Outlast has been received with a number of accolades and awards from E3 2013, including the "Most Likely to Make you Faint" honor, and one of "Best of E3".
The PC gaming website Rock, Paper, Shotgun gave Outlast a very positive review, noting that "Outlast is not an experiment in how games can be scary, itâ€™s an exemplification.Marty Sliva of IGN rated the game with a score of 7.8 stating the very horror jump scares in outlast and praising the gameplay but critiscing the world and the character facial but all in all he said Outlast stands proudly as a unique and terrifying survival horror game.
- The game seems to run "well" on Highest settings with VSync off, however there are some frame drops caused by shadows and in game effects, just lower your graphics settings if you experience any lag
- Should definitely work with steam copies, I own the steam version but decided to test the game with a NoCD fix, so i wouldn't have to keep logging into steam.
My System Specs:
- OS: OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
- Video: 2GB MSI GTX 670 OC Edition
- SSD: Samsung 840 120GB
Known Issues: - If the game closes as soon as you try to launch it, try going into Wineskin > Advanced and click 'browse' next to the EXE path. Go into your Outlast folder, then into Binaries > Win32 and SELECT OLGame.exe and the game should launch fine!
- Main menu mouse cursor seems to lag a little bit. In-game menu mouse cursors are fine and do not lag
- Depending on your graphics settings, you may encounter some frame-drops, however the game still seems to certainly be fully playable.
- ANY IN GAME CRASHES, BUGS, FREEZES SHOULD be fixed by installing Updates 3 and 4 (as well as any new updates released). This should be taken into account as a possible fix if you encounter black screens or looping loading screens.
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and Steam Setup
- Let steam install.
- Once its installed, go into wineskin.app within the wrapper, next to the steam setup launcher, and click on advanced.
- Change the 'Windows EXE' line to: /Program Files/Steam/steam.exe and then exit wineskin.app.
- Finally, run the wrapper, steam will launch, sign in to your steam account and download Outlast.
- Lastly, simply find Outlast in your steam library and run it!
Now, whenever you launch the wrapper, it will sign into steam and allow you to launch your game via your 'Steam Game Library'.
For 'non steam users':
Please note that I do not (in any way) promote piracy and that I highly recommend you PURCHASE the games that you want to play!
- Right click the wrapper, show package contents and launch wineskin.app, then select install new software.
- Locate the setup.exe file (that is within the .ISO you probably downloaded, if you download a .ISO file, double click it to mount it!) and install the PC files by going through the setup.
- -- Don't bother installing directx and vcrun if it asks you too. --
- Then, go back into the contents of the wrapper, go to: drive_c ----> Program Files ----> Outlast ---> Binaries ---> Win32 then drag/paste in the appropriate NoCD crack INSIDE the Win32 folder (make sure the NOCD crack works with the version of the game you have downloaded).
Please post feedback on how this wrapper performs on your system!
6 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users