• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 antion

antion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Pro 1024 MB / NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

Hi,
as I saw that some people don't know, how to make an icns file, I wrote an objective-c class to create an icns file from any image.
@doh123: maybe you can use it.

EDIT:
Sorry, code here was not very beautiful. Here is the pastebin link:

http://pastebin.com/W6yZGhBk

#2 Ian Pickert

Ian Pickert

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia Geforce GT 750 M
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:RPG and Horror Games

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:15 AM

There is a program called img2icns that does this as well.
   "Is that what he was? Or was he always true to himself, no matter what personality he wore? And there is something that the Council may never understand. That perhaps Revan never fell. The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel that Revan understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if Revan had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the dark lord out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil."

#3 antion

antion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Pro 1024 MB / NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Yes, but it's not free and it's not open source. As well it's an additional application. My class can be implemented into Wineskin directly, no additional software required!

#4 Ian Pickert

Ian Pickert

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

It is free, at least the icon maker is, I've never used money with it and I've been using it for a year.
   "Is that what he was? Or was he always true to himself, no matter what personality he wore? And there is something that the Council may never understand. That perhaps Revan never fell. The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel that Revan understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if Revan had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the dark lord out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil."

#5 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

Why look a gift horse in the mouth? If doh123 wants to use it, let her take a look and see if it helps..

#6 Ian Pickert

Ian Pickert

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

I have no idea what that phrase means, but I'm assuming you think I'm disapproving of this method. Im not telling people not to use this method, I was just informing of another free way...

#7 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

The phrase means that if someone gives you something, there is no point in being hypercritical; you make use of it where is can help.

The origin is that people would look in a horse's mouth to see how many teeth it still has as a proxy for the health of that horse. But if you got it for free, you would be happy to get a horse (they are expensive) and don't complain if it isn't the best horse possible.

#8 BastyJuice

BastyJuice

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Graphics Card:AMD / ATI Sapphire 7950 3GB for Mac

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

I personaly user Img2Icns

The base version of Img2icns is still free for everyone.
Purchasing a Img2icns license will unlock the pro with some additional functions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users